• The Mac-Forums Community Guidelines (linked at the top of every forum) are very clear, we respect US law and court precedence when it comes to legality of activity.

Therefore to clarify:
    • You may not discuss breaking DVD or BluRay encryption, copying, or "ripping" commercial, copy-protected DVDs.
    • This includes DVDs or BluRays you own. Even if you own the DVD or BluRay, it is still technically illegal under the DMCA to break the encryption. While some may argue otherwise, until the law is rewritten or the US Supreme Court strikes it down, we will adhere to the current intent of the law.
    • You may discuss ripping or copying unprotected movies or homemade DVDs.
    • You may discuss ripping or copying tools in the context that they are used for legal purposes as outlined in this post.

Good video software and flash problems!

Reaction score
final cut express and swf

Hi there! Sorry first of all if this has already been brought up! i've been trying to create a movie for the past year on a sony vaio... finally gave up with windows sold it and bought my first ever mac book pro!

Basically it consists of actual footage from my australia holiday and i used adobe flash to create mini videos of the pictures flying in and out so it all flowed. I just bought final cut express 4 to start re-creating the movie and realised that you cant import swf files (flash files) into it...

I was just wondering is there any other way of doing this or is there some codec or plug in available to allow swf to be imported?! Any help would be great! Many thanks! Steve

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Mini Core i7 2012 | White 2009 MacBook 2 Ghz | 733 Mhz G4 Quicksilver
Without re-importing the swf file to Flash I don't know of anything that will do it. FLV files you can but not SWF

OP
S
Reaction score
sorry again mate! i can export from flash as a quicktime movie but it really isn't smooth, no where near as smooth as an swf file. I've tried mucking about with compression and even switching compression off but non of it seems to make it smooth smooth... some of it helps but none of it makes it as smooth as the swf. If there's no fix does anyone know of any other software for macs that you can have numerous photo's 'flying' 'zooming in and out' 'wiping' onto the same screen at the same time?!

OP
S
Reaction score
Hi there, im trying to create a video with mixture of photo's and a few videos. For the past year i've been trying to use flash on a sony vaio but it kept on doing annoying things when it came to exporting clips from flash. I then sold it and bought my new mac book pro last week! :D i've got flash for this but when i export it seems to lag the file and its not smooth at all... does anyone know why this is? Or does anyone know of any software which you can create cool movies having simultaneous pictures flying/zooming/fading in, in a funky way?

Many thanks! Steve

CrimsonRequiem

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MBP 2.3 Ghz 4GB RAM 860 GB SSD, iMac 3.4 GHz Intel Core i7 32GB RAM, Fusion Drive 1TB
Have you tried iMovie?

OP
S
Reaction score
Software recommendation

Hi there, i've given up with flash because of its lag issues! im trying to create a video with multiple pictures flying/fading/wiping etc in and out and i was using flash for it, but its giving me a headache with its exporting because the exported file lags way too much! trust me i've tried everything!! i was just wondering if anyone knows of any other software that can do this kind of thing. Once i've made these files i import them into final cut express and add the clips together to create a video! any recommendations would be really really appreciated! cheers!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Late 2013 rMBP, i7, 750m gpu, OSX versions 10.9.3, 10.10
If you're using final cut express - why don't you just use that to create what you want with the photos? Using transitions, the motion tab and keyframes etc., it's fairly easy to do. Might take some practice getting the motion just the way you want it, but you should be able to do it.

OP
S
Reaction score
can you have multiple pictures flying in at once? on 13" mac book pro... bit small for editing but will work! maybe invest in a final cut express book of amazon...!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Late 2013 rMBP, i7, 750m gpu, OSX versions 10.9.3, 10.10
You should be able to - granted it's easier to do with motion (part of Final Cut Studio) - but with Final Cut Express, just add video tracks to the project, and place the different photos you want on at the same time on the different video tracks - from there, each photo, adjust its spatial position and size and if you want it to fade in / out or do something else. You can have up to 99 video tracks, so in theory, you could have up to 99 different photos on the screen at the same time. With some creative editing, if you only need say 5 different ones on at a given time, you may be able to get away with only using 5 or 6 video tracks (depending on how you tansition and such).

Depending on how many simultaneous pictures/video tracks you have along with effects you apply to the individual pictures, you may have to render to get playback, but that's no real big deal.

Reaction score
I recommend DVD Video, it now has over 1400 shareware and freeware software with full description : include DVD Ripper, video Converter and other conversion tools to convert your DVD and video to various video formats for iPhone, iPod, Apple TV, PSP and all kinds of other video and audio players.

It is really useful. I think good things must be shared with others. I hope it is useful for all of us.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.