Lightroom 2 - Advice

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15.4" uMBP: iPhone 4
Guys help me out.

I have been using iPhoto - so all my photos are stored in the iPhoto library.

iPhoto is useless at editing so I want to use Lightroom.

It is now all installed and I realized that iPhoto and Lightroom cannot easily be used together. So I think I will need to make the switch.

I know how to export my iPhoto library into its events folder as I have a script to do that.

My question is how do I delete all photo's in my iPhoto database?

Also, how do you guys manage your images on your Mac?

Do you import all photos onto the Lightroom database straight from your camera?

Thanks?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac 24" 4Gb RAM, 1Tb Time Capsule. iPhone 3GS, Macbook
Chris, I download into iPhoto from my camera (I keep it as it's much easier to send images with emails using the inbuilt system), then transfer the photos I need by simply dragging and dropping into L'room; it helps to have two screens. L'room talks nicely to my Epson A3 but iPhoto hates it. :Evil:

OP
chrismac
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15.4" uMBP: iPhone 4
Thanks - that worked.

If I managed my photos like this I will have the original photo in iPhoto library [which is referenced by Lightroom], when the photo is edited a duplicate is made then added to the Lightroom library. I will then have 2 versions of the same file.

Reaction score
Thanks - that worked.

If I managed my photos like this I will have the original photo in iPhoto library [which is referenced by Lightroom], when the photo is edited a duplicate is made then added to the Lightroom library. I will then have 2 versions of the same file.

yes that is correct, except that the second one will be in a different location pn the hard drive and should look different. (seeing as how you should edit that one.)

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.