Photo Booth

Reaction score
Hello, I recently attempted to open Photo Booth on my Mac running OSX Leopard and the icon now has an opaque grey question mark on it. I can't find it in finder and it's not in the trash. Please help! Thanks!

Reaction score
Try to search for it in Spotlight. If you cannot find it anywhere, you must have accidentally deleted it. If you have Time Machine, you can easily get it back from there. If not, pop in the installation disc and install it again from there. You don't have to install everything again, but you can do just specific application. I haven't actually done this before, but I know that you can do it.

Reaction score
This has also happen to my photos in Events in Iphoto. I wonder if there is a time frame pictures are saved and then automatically deleted. I don't recall
deleting these pics.

Any help would be appreciated.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
27 iMac+Thunderbolt, iMac 21,
Hello, I recently attempted to open Photo Booth on my Mac running OSX Leopard and the icon now has an opaque grey question mark on it. I can't find it in finder and it's not in the trash. Please help! Thanks!

Have you looked in the Applications folder on your Hard Drive, Can u see the Phototbooth app in there?

Reaction score
Im having a similar problem
Step 1 download pacifist
Step 2 put your mac CD in and you can choose which programs to reinstall

unfortunately for me i dont have the disk.
Does anyone know any free applications similar to Photobooth?

Reaction score
Photobooth doesn't work even after reinstall by Apple

I have the icons (both in doc and hard drive) but it doesn't open - it bounces but never opens - Apple sent out a consultant to reinstall my hard drive and bring new Photobooth but the consultant could never get it to work either. I really need to use it! Any ideas? Please don't suggest reinstall from disk - done, or reboot - done a hundred times - going to library - doesn't work - etc.
thanks - infogypsy

bobtomay

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" MBP '06 2.33 C2D 4GB 10.7; 13" MBA '14 1.8 i7 8GB 10.11; 21" iMac '13 2.9 i5 8GB 10.11; 6S
Try moving the following preference file to your desktop - log out and back in

It is located at:

Users / your user / Library / Preferences / com.Apple.PhotoBooth.plist

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.