WTB Applecare but not sure of my Part #

Reaction score
I have a mid 2008 MBP. 2.4ghz, 15", 4GB RAM, 200GB HD and I need to buy AppleCare ASAP since it's almost a year old. OS is 10.5.6.

I bought this MBP Sept of 2008 about a month before the new MBP's came out.

How can I be sure of which AppleCare to buy? And is MB588LL/A my Manufacturer number or is it something different? Any help would be MUCH appreciated! Thanks!

Here's a pic of my MBP.
100_2295.jpg

OP
MacJuen
Reaction score
Don't they just need your serial number? You can do About This Mac for that. The number you listed is the model number I think.

I'm not sure. I know my serial number but I didn't know if AppleCare was based off the model # or not. I don't want to go through Apple to buy it though. eBay is much cheaper.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15-inch MacBook Pro
I have bought it on eBay three times now. Never a problem. Just buy the right product and activate it online. So just buy the MacBook Pro version and use your serial to get it set up.

OP
MacJuen
Reaction score
I have bought it on eBay three times now. Never a problem. Just buy the right product and activate it online. So just buy the MacBook Pro version and use your serial to get it set up.

Cool. The seller says "This will work with all 15" and 17" macbook pros including the brand new unibody MacBook pros as well as all 15" and 17" MacBook Pros ever made by Apple as long as they are under 1 year old." So, I'm assuming it will. I sent him a message too asking if it will work for mine. I'm most likely going to buy this one. It's 1/2 of what Apple wants.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15-inch MacBook Pro
Very good deal as long as you use a reputable seller.

OP
MacJuen
Reaction score
Well, I purchased it yesterday. He gave me the wrong code so I emailed him and told him the code didn't work. He wrote back within an hour an said he will be giving me a new code tonight. We shall see.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.