iChat

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac 1.25 GHz PowerPC G4
I have never used iChat and when i opened it up today, the bonjour messaging window came up with my name at the top, the picture etc. and an empty buddy list. I have an AIM account that i would like to use and when i click log off, nothing really happens, the buddy list disappears but a window asking if i want to login with something else does not come up and i cannot find one. also when i am logged in and i select the 'buddy' tab and the top of the screen, all the options and faded (like when it wont let you click on them) i need some help on how to log in with my AIM account and add friends after i have logged in.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook4,1 2.4Ghz C2D 4GB RAM 160GB HD OS X 10.6 Snow Leopard | iPod Touch 16gb 2G
1. Open iChat
2. Go to the iChat menu and preferences (shortcut is cmd + ,)
3. Go to the Accounts tab
4. Click the + button in the bottom left corner
5. Select AIM and enter details

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
27 iMac+Thunderbolt, iMac 21,
With iChat in menu bar you can select AIM buddy list or Bonjur list from Window drop down menu. Use Bonjour if you are on a LAN with other members that you wish to chat with. Set up per mikey above then once logged into AIM you can add Buddies - details are then held on the AIM server - and initiate chats. If u click blue square you can naviage to buddies in your address book to add them in.

Click for full size -

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.