So I'm looking for a MBP...

Reaction score
and I wasnt sure if now was a good time to buy. with the new OS coming out in september...would it be safe to get a 13'' MBP now and get the $10 upgrade or will they make a new line of MBP's for the new OS?

vansmith

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mini (2014, 2018, 2020), MBA (2020), iPad Pro (2018), iPhone 13 Pro Max, Watch (S6)
Probably not and if they do, it will be minor things at best. Apple is notorious for keeping news of product releases silent so any speculation here would be just that. The question you need to ask is whether or not the machine does what you want it to do now. If it does, buy it now if you want it now.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
21" iMac * 2.8 Ghz Intel Core i7 * 16GB 1333 Mhz DDR3 * 1TB HD *AMD Radeon HD 6770M 512 MB
I guess you could wait another few months for Snow Leopard, but if I had the money and was planning on buying a MBP anyway, I wouldn't be able to wait that long!

OP
S
Reaction score
I guess you could wait another few months for Snow Leopard, but if I had the money and was planning on buying a MBP anyway, I wouldn't be able to wait that long!

well its gonna b a laptop for college and given to me as a grad present. not that any1 cares BUT ive gone through 2 $1600+ windows based laptops and its been a disaster so i've decided to switch.

and i do just basic stuff like browsing web and email, so its a little disappointing that my laptops keep breaking. and i like the long battery life of the MBP's. my only concern woulda been about playing games like sims 3 or something like that. i got a 360 for most games

Reaction score
I know what you mean, I'm on the fence on buying a new MBP myself. I have a few things to sell to get some cash together, but I can't post on the Buy/Sell forum yet.

The only thing holding me back at this point is cost, but I'm pretty close to just biting the bullet. Good luck to you!

OP
S
Reaction score
yeah i was wondering if i should get the upper or lower end 13'' MBP. like the price of the 2gb one but a bigger fan of having 4 gigs of ram and a slightly faster processor.

Reaction score
Surrey or Sheffield, UK.. or I might even be in Aa
Your Mac's Specs
iMac 24" (mid-2009 edition), 2.66Ghz, 4GB, 640GB HDD
Sims 3 is out for the Mac too :) Saw it in the Apple store.

The 13" seems quite capable for gaming as well, I've only tested it with WoW mind, but it was good enough for my needs. (i.e. just completing the midsummer quests, all I wanted to do coz I'm so bored of it now heh!)

T

todd51

yeah i was wondering if i should get the upper or lower end 13'' MBP. like the price of the 2gb one but a bigger fan of having 4 gigs of ram and a slightly faster processor.

I don't think CPU speed matters too much, unless your rendering video for movies or things like that. Then it will only shave a couple minutes off of your time from the slower CPU.

I would try to get the lower end model and just upgrade the RAM myself, it's usually cheaper. Only thing is that your new RAM will not be covered by Apple.

Reaction score
It's only an extra $300 to upgrade, and you get upgraded RAM, processor and hard drive. I know $300 could be a lot, but for what you're paying at that point, why not do the upgrade?

vansmith

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mini (2014, 2018, 2020), MBA (2020), iPad Pro (2018), iPhone 13 Pro Max, Watch (S6)
You can probably upgrade the RAM and HD for much less than $300. Plus, the processor on the lower-end 13" is more than enough for most people.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.