Macbook Cable??

Reaction score
Well I finally did it and bought the new 13" Macbook pro. I absolutely love it so far and I am really happy I switched over to a Mac. Thanks everyone for your help with making the decision...

I had a quick question for your guys. I plan on watching a couple pretty long movies on my mac and wanted to know if there was a cable I could get that will hook my Mac up to my new 32" Samsung LCD HDTV so I can watch the movie on that? Thanks for your help. Have a great day

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Way... way too many specs to list.
Sure, you need a mini-dvi to either hdmi or dvi-i cable (depending on what your TV inputs are). Then you'll need to hook the headphone output to your TV audio input.

Unless, that is, the new macbook pros still use a regular DVI output.. then it's just a DVI-hdmi etc

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Way... way too many specs to list.
if you have a DVI connection on your laptop, that's the one... You'd need to have a separate cable for audio since DVI does not carry audio information. That's a stereo plug to RCA or mini-tos to tos.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2018 15" MBP, 2019 11" iPad Pro, iPhone 11 Pro
Your MBP has a mini-dvi port. You want something like this (might prefer a longer length).
This is the audio cable you're looking for. Basically headphone jack to Red and White (Left/Right) stereo audio. Just an example, get it from anywhere (B.B., Radioshack, online, etc.)

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.