Erase CD

T

toffee

Hi All.
I bought some CD-RW discs for my photos so I went to iPhoto/burn Cd/ and copied to the disc. I then thought I would add to the disc but it would not allow me to do that. I went to erase the disc by going to applications/utilities/disc utility and so on but the final part was greyed out so I couldn't do that either. Where am I going wrong? Any help would be much appreciated

thanks Paul.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2GHz Mac Mini 2GB RAM 160GB 10.6.2 | MDD DP 1.25GHz G4 1.5GB RAM 10.4.11 | 233MHz iMac G3 10.3.9
AFAIK the CD is usually finalized after its burned in iPhoto. In Toast you can burn sessions so you can continue to burn on a single CDR til its full.

Reaction score
Would be nice to have some more information Toffee.

What system are you running ?

is it an Apple CD burner, i.e built in. ?

OP
T

toffee

Sorry i,m not very good with forums. I,l start again. Yes it is a ibook G4 with internal CD writer, the opp sys is OS X. It,s my first Mac but what I can not understand is the fact that a CD-RW is rewriteable so you should be able to erase it.

Paul.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2GHz Mac Mini 2GB RAM 160GB 10.6.2 | MDD DP 1.25GHz G4 1.5GB RAM 10.4.11 | 233MHz iMac G3 10.3.9
Apology - thought I read cdr, not CD-RW.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.