Getting There!

Reaction score
OK, if you saw a previous post of mine - I said I had some large, important spreadsheets to bring over from Excel. I bought the Win Office version for MAC, and all numbers came over as they sat on Excel. I quickly found the formulas were not going to fly - but at least I had a jumping off place to start a new spreadsheet.

Enter IWork. Just got it installed, but how can I set the fonts, size, etc as default? I set for 14 and it reverts to 10 on next cell. The Help was a great help!

I assume this will be easy - but I a also a bit worried about if IWork will accept other than simple formulas. Basically this is a checking account spreadsheet for a trust. Pick up the balance from far right column - add the credits; subtract the credits; and get a new balance.

Are the formulas in Work relative? I E, will they make the correct assumption that I want to move down a row?

Man if this doesn't work I am in some deep do do - as I am the trustee for this estate and they look to me to show them money in - money out - balance.

Is Work going to do it for me? I'm using a blank spreadsheet to start.

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
Not sure I understand.... If the numbers and cells transposed correctly from the Windows version of Excel, then all your formulas should be OK. Which Windows version of Office do you have? Maybe I should really ask, which version did you use to do the original spreadsheets?

And now you're going to use iWork to do the spreadsheets? At least if you were going to try another program you should have downloaded the free Open Office for the Mac version 3.0. A much more capable program than iWork - in my opinion. :)

Take another look at your formulas. They should work the same in Mac Office 2008 as they did in Windows.

Regards.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
White MacBook. iLife '09. iWork '09. Mac OS X 10.6
iWork is really quite capable. I have never had a major issue with Word-iWork and vice versa. OpenOffice is a bit more capable of handling office stuff, but iWork is normally just fine for my needs.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.