iphoto not opening

A

ashley5938

without thinking, i downloaded a program from kodak that came with my digital camera and now iphoto will not open. when i try to open it, a message appears that says "the application iphoto has unexpectedly quit" and it closes immediatly. I deleted the other program right away but iphoto still won't open. can anyone please help me??

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
PowerMac G4 Cube 450mhz 832mb
find in this folder path:
mac hd>users>your username>library>preferences>com.apple.iPhoto.plist(delete this file.)
it should work now. if not, post back. as far as that kodak software, it should be ok, itll most likely ask if you want to use your camera with iphoto or their software.

OP
A

ashley5938

macman-iphoto still not opening

i found and deleted that file you told me too, but it still will not open, I am getting the same message. The iPhoto library pops open for a second but then shuts immediatly and says it has closed unexpectedly. I really don't know what's going on....

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
20" iMac C2D 2.16ghz, 13" MacBook 2.0ghz, 60gb iPod vid, 1gb nano
Try holding down the Alt/Option button while clicking iPhoto. This will ask you to either Create a new library to use or select a library. First try selecting the current iPhoto library (Your username/Pictures/ Click on the iPhoto library folder) if that doesn't work try opening it again with alt/option and create a new library

OP
A

ashley5938

still not working

i've tried both suggestions and it will still not open...i'm not really sure what's going n with my iPhoto. any other suggestions?? thanks!!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
PowerMac G4 Cube 450mhz 832mb
did you delete that programs things, its related files , etc, also, if you have, try reinstalling iphoto using pacifist to extract it from the install discs.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.