Driver install for HP Photosmart 7550 printer

D

dkopp1961

Hello everyone,

I just received my new Powerbook last week and I absolutely love it, can't believe it took me this long to switch!
I have everything working, networked just fine through a 3com wireless router. My question is the printer, I have it working OK, but it seems a little sluggish. I downloaded the drivers from HP for the OSX and had to install the whole program because the drivers alone were not available. When I go to the printer utility setup there is no where I can find to install the drivers specific to my printer. I have it working through a default Gimp HP, but like I said it is a little slow to print. Anyone ever had this problem? I searched the forum and could not find anything relative.

The only minor complaint I have is that the cursor sometimes jumps a little when clicking. I read about this but it is really not that big of a deal because I am usually using my Logitech MX900 mouse, which many of you recommended and I absolutely love. I am somewhat of a perfectionist though and wonder if a simple driver update in the future might just do the trick. I hate to send this back for such a minor glitch, I would be lost without it!

Any suggestions would greatly be appreciated, thank you in advance for your time.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Dual 1.8GHz Power Mac G5; 1GB SDRAM; 160GB Serial ATA; 20 inch Cinema Display
Im curious to know how everything worked out for you with this issue.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
PowerMac G4 Cube 450mhz 832mb
I think its unresolved, I recommended gimp print, but he never said what happened.
as far as the jumping cursor, try instead of clicking with that click button, just tap the track pad. if it doesnt work, go to your kb & mouse prefs and turn that feature on.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Dual 1.8GHz Power Mac G5; 1GB SDRAM; 160GB Serial ATA; 20 inch Cinema Display
Macman said:
I think its unresolved, I recommended gimp print, but he never said what happened.
as far as the jumping cursor, try instead of clicking with that click button, just tap the track pad. if it doesnt work, go to your kb & mouse prefs and turn that feature on.
Do you know if this happens with many HP PhotoSmart Printers? I have a PhotoSmart as well. Just wondering if maybe I should pick up a different printer for my Mac.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.