• The Mac-Forums Community Guidelines (linked at the top of every forum) are very clear, we respect US law and court precedence when it comes to legality of activity.

Therefore to clarify:
    • You may not discuss breaking DVD or BluRay encryption, copying, or "ripping" commercial, copy-protected DVDs.
    • This includes DVDs or BluRays you own. Even if you own the DVD or BluRay, it is still technically illegal under the DMCA to break the encryption. While some may argue otherwise, until the law is rewritten or the US Supreme Court strikes it down, we will adhere to the current intent of the law.
    • You may discuss ripping or copying unprotected movies or homemade DVDs.
    • You may discuss ripping or copying tools in the context that they are used for legal purposes as outlined in this post.

Good Mac Video Converter

Reaction score
Can anyone recommend a good Mac Video Converter?

Mainly going from Quicktime (.mov) to Flash (.flv)

Thanks!

Doug

Reaction score
Or use QuickTime Pro to make H.264 files, that are now fully supported in Flash.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2011 MBP, i7, 16GB RAM, MBP 2.16Ghz Core Duo, 2GB ram, Dual 867Mhz MDD, 1.75GB ram, ATI 9800 Pro vid
Ben, as far as I know, QTP doesn't create flash files, one of the requirements of the OP.

Reaction score
Yes, Flash ... it does the .mov to .flv conversion very well ... and much more of course :)

Reaction score
Hi All

If I can piggyback this post....

I've got a very short QT movie that I have put on a temporary website. On my iMac it displays just as it should.

My friends without a Mac (and QT) see nothing, of course...

So I've tried to convert it to Flash which hopefully will be viewable by all.

I've had no luck trying to convert it with FFmpegX - it goes through the motion of converting it, but VLC pops up with an error - see attached file.

Can anyone steer me in the right direction please?

Oh the website is www.austenmitchell.co.uk just in case it's worth looking at the original movie file. The site is Temporary! Heh Heh!

Picture 1.png

Cheers Mitcherooney

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
17 inch 2 GHz C2D imac (5,1) with 3GB DDR2 RAM, X1600 (128MB memory) GPU - OSX 10.6.3
For me I use visual hub. But it is discontinued by the developer. He is working on a successor app though. Still it's a shame as I use visual hub for all kinds of video format conversions and it works a treat. Even for flash (.flv) files.

Reaction score
Well... there ar many software available in the market thatcan do te job of conversin of your QuickTime MOV videos. You can without hesitantly opt for QuickTime converter Mac for conversion of Mov files to FLV. Just try out this very tool for your FLV conversion... it will really work out...best of luck..

Reaction score
Replying to the8thark's comment. Yes Visualhub has been discontinued but it's been a reborn and is now known as FilmRedux. In case you'd like to check it out.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.