Freeze

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook 2.0GHz, Intel Core 2 Duo, 2GB DDR2 Memory, 120 GB hard drive
I've had my Macbook for about 3 months and have had no problems up until now. Today my Mac froze about 2 times and I had to push the power button. Why did this occur? Will this be a norm as my Mac "ages?"

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook
I've had my Macbook for about 3 months and have had no problems up until now. Today my Mac froze about 2 times and I had to push the power button. Why did this occur? Will this be a norm as my Mac "ages?"

Computers freeze for any number of reasons.
Without more details, there is really no way for anyone to explain why it happened to you.

Age has nothing to do with it, computer can and will freeze up, lock up, crash and generally get a bit "wonky" from time to time... regardless of the hardware or operating system it's running.

OP
F
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook 2.0GHz, Intel Core 2 Duo, 2GB DDR2 Memory, 120 GB hard drive
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Mini - 2.26 Ghz C2D - 2 GB RAM - 160 GB HDD
If the crashes continue, you may want to repair your disk permissions, this is a good general tidyness thing to do for your computer and might help. To repair your disk permissions:

1. Go to "Disk Utility"
2. Select your harddrive partition (by default the name is "Macintosh HD")
3. Click "Repair Disk Permissions"

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
21" iMac * 2.8 Ghz Intel Core i7 * 16GB 1333 Mhz DDR3 * 1TB HD *AMD Radeon HD 6770M 512 MB
I wouldn't expect any computer to freeze twice after just three months. I'd try Qdaman's suggestions and see what happens. After about a year, my MBP has not frozen up once.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.