Share internet connection with a Win XP machine

Reaction score
Staying with my grandparents for a while, getting tired of switching the cable every time I want to get online (not to mention feel like I'm stepping on their toes when they want to get online and I'm on!). Here's what I have:

My MacBook Pro (The newish 17" from early 2009)
My Airport express
My ethernet cables (2)
My networking switch

Their Windows XP Dell from about 7 years ago
Their DSL connection with router
Their ethernet cable

I would like to network my computer to theirs so we can be online at the same time. How do I do it? (Other than talk them into buying an iMac, that is). I'm not opposed to going out and buying new equipment. One thing, I tried simply plugging everything into the switch. My internet connection runs fine, but their computer can't connect, which makes me think there's something relatively simple I can do in Windows to connect it...just don't know what it is! Please help. Thanks!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2.66 GHz Intel Core 2 duo processor 4 GB of memory 300 GB HD imac, 8GB Ipod Touch 4th generation
If its a wireless connection you can run it through airport and connect a ethernet cable from the mac to the PC and turn wireless sharing on through ethernet.

Thats what I did to run my mac and my PS3 at the same time.

If its not wireless then I'm sorry but I can't help you.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.