Anyone agree with me on this?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro Intel Core Duo, ProTools HD, Digi 192
Just a simple yes or no vote for anyone that wants to participate. THere is a sticky for "member bands" for people to post their bands and get responses. I personally think promotion for a band is VERY important and I fully support everyone out there for what they do, but just shouldn't be advertised in this section.
Anyone agree?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
20" iMac 2.66 GHz... Running 10.5.7
No. I disagree.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2.8GHz, 4GB RAM 15" MBP (Late 2008)
Where else is it supposed to go? No.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Too many...
I agree. It would be nice to have a separate section!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook 2.1GHz Core 2 Duo | 1GB RAM | OS X 10.6.3 | 250GB External HD | 8GB iPod Touch 1st Gen 3.1.3
As Aphus stated, where else would that section go?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MBP/2.53GHz i5/4GB RAM/500GB HDD/15" LED Screen/Intel HD Graphics & NVIDIA GeForce GT 330M
I disagree. This is a Mac-community, not one for promoting bands. There are plenty of other forums / websites out there for that.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
20" iMac 2.66 GHz... Running 10.5.7
I disagree. This is a Mac-community, not one for promoting bands. There are plenty of other forums / websites out there for that.

But alot of the MF members here might like to hear some new stuff without going to external sites.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MBP/2.53GHz i5/4GB RAM/500GB HDD/15" LED Screen/Intel HD Graphics & NVIDIA GeForce GT 330M
But then we begin to loose the aspect of being a Mac site. Believe me, I know it's difficult for new bands to get noticed as I have been in many myself. I just think that if this happens it's either going to be a complete flop with only 1 or 2 people advertising or become the thing which 'Mac-Forums' then turns into, instead of being for Mac-users.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook(3,1): C2D 2.2ghz, 4g RAM, 10.7.5; iMac(12,1): 2.5ghz i5, 16gb RAM, 10.9.1; iPhone5S iOS7.04
What about the off-topic board??

(And this is a Mac forum, yet there seems to be a lot of iPhone/iPod discussion...)

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
(And this is a Mac forum, yet there seems to be a lot of iPhone/iPod discussion...)

That's because the iPhone/iPod, I think I can safely say, falls under the generic term of Mac / OS X / Apple.

dtravis7

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacMini M-1 MacOS Monterey, iMac 2010 27"Quad I7 , MBPLate2011, iPad Pro10.5", iPhoneSE

Did you look on the home page at the iPod/iPhone sections?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook 2.1GHz Core 2 Duo | 1GB RAM | OS X 10.6.3 | 250GB External HD | 8GB iPod Touch 1st Gen 3.1.3
Just pointing out, shouldn't this thread have been posted here?

O:)

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook
The sub-heading for the "Music, Audio, and Podcasting" forum reads:
===Do you use your Mac to create music? This is the place for discussions on creating and editing music on the Mac!===

I would think that if a member uses a Mac for the creation/editing/performance of their music, then according to the description, that sub-forum would be the best possible place for them to discuss, critique and showcase their music.

It's no different for people who want to participate in "Discussion of all things graphics."... so they head to the Images, Graphic Design, and Digital Photography sub-forum.

Or what about a place "For people making movies and editing video with their Mac."? Well, they have the Movies and Videos sub-forum.
There, they can do the same with their finished projects... post links to the YouTube site they have it on or whatnot.

In the end, this is a very large forum with enough places to peak the interest of many different people.
If one area or particular thread doesn't catch your fancy, so long as that thread doesn't go against the forum guidelines and isn't grossly misplaced, simply move on to another that does interest you.

...and yes
Just pointing out, shouldn't this thread have been posted here?

O:)
This thread should be placed in the Suggestion forum, so I'll move it there now.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro | LED Cinema Display | iPhone 4 | iPad 2
I personally think promotion for a band is VERY important and I fully support everyone out there for what they do, but just shouldn't be advertised in this section.
Anyone agree?

No, because this forum is for MacForums suggestions and site support not for advertising personal information.

But alot of the MF members here might like to hear some new stuff without going to external sites.

That's why we provide the sticky post for people to talk about it. We're not here to become YouTube or the next iTunes. :)

What about the off-topic board??

Because this forum is for Apple products, not just Macs.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Thanks for clearing this up.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.