Do Firefox Add-In's Work on a Mac?

Reaction score
Hi All,
Brand new here...considering my first Mac.

Very nice stickys...incredibly helpful.

Two questions.

1) Does mac have a built in tool like Vista's snipping tool where I can take screen shots of particular regions? Not just full screen, more like Snag It.

2) Will most or all Firefox Add-In's work on a Mac?

Thanks!F

CrimsonRequiem

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MBP 2.3 Ghz 4GB RAM 860 GB SSD, iMac 3.4 GHz Intel Core i7 32GB RAM, Fusion Drive 1TB
Macs already have that built in command + shift + 4. Every plugin/add on has worked for Firefox only pending the plugin supports Firefox build versions.

vansmith

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mini (2014, 2018, 2020), MBA (2020), iPad Pro (2018), iPhone 13 Pro Max, Watch (S6)
As far as I know, the plugins for Firefox do not depend on the OS but on Firefox itself as Firefox is responsible for executing the plugins, not the underlying operating system.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
27" i7 iMac. Intel Quad Core. 16 GB Ram.
Hi All,
Brand new here...considering my first Mac.

Very nice stickys...incredibly helpful.

Two questions.

1) Does mac have a built in tool like Vista's snipping tool where I can take screen shots of particular regions? Not just full screen, more like Snag It.

Thanks!F

Yes. There is a programme in the Utilities folder called Grab. You can take the whole screen or just a section of it.

Yes. Make sure you download the Macintosh version of Firefox then you can just download the updates when you are notified about them in the usual way.

Reaction score
Not all extensions work the same in Mac as they do in Windows.

For example, one of my favourite extensions, Ageing Tabs, doesn't display the coloured tabs like it does in Windows, which is disappointing.

I also haven't been able to get FEBE and CLOE to work on a Mac.

However, generally, everything will work as before.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.