• Welcome to the Off-Topic/Schweb's Lounge

In addition to the Mac-Forums Community Guidelines, there are a few things you should pay attention to while in The Lounge.

Lounge Rules
    • If your post belongs in a different forum, please post it there.
    • While this area is for off-topic conversations, that doesn't mean that every conversation will be permitted. The moderators will, at their sole discretion, close or delete any threads which do not serve a beneficial purpose to the community.

Understand that while The Lounge is here as a place to relax and discuss random topics, that doesn't mean we will allow any topic. Topics which are inflammatory, hurtful, or otherwise clash with our Mac-Forums Community Guidelines will be removed.

New Microsoft Ads

Reaction score
Several years ago, I wrote to Microsoft and commented that they might want to rethink how they specified their street address as listed in their programs. They had decided to use the standard abbreviation for North, which made their address:
xxxx No Technology Way

I think their new punch line for Windows: Life without walls, is a similar gaff. If you don't have walls, what keeps the Windows up?

Just hits me funny, I guess.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" Macbook Pro 2.53 Ghz C2D, 4GB RAM, 320GB HD, 512 VRAM NVIDIA GeForce 9600M; iPhone 3Gs 32GB
I thought the slogan, "Life without Walls" was funny, too.

If you have no walls, you can't keep anything out and everyone can see in. Kind of like viruses and a Windows computer; you can't keep anything out and it lets everyone see in.

I don't think they thought through their slogan.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Way... way too many specs to list.
Without walls there is no NEED for windows in the first place.

CrimsonRequiem

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MBP 2.3 Ghz 4GB RAM 860 GB SSD, iMac 3.4 GHz Intel Core i7 32GB RAM, Fusion Drive 1TB
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Way... way too many specs to list.
Lets all live in glass houses, and see how that works out. ^-^"
But even then that glass is a wall.

Just sayin'....

Ridiculous slogan, given the logical conclusion to it.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook 2.1GHz Core 2 Duo | 1GB RAM | OS X 10.6.3 | 250GB External HD | 8GB iPod Touch 1st Gen 3.1.3
The name "Windows" is also strange when looked at with different perspectives.

For example, can't everyone look through a window? It's never suggested in the name that it's covered or blocked. So in that case, it has to be uncovered, where everyone can peek inside.

;P

CrimsonRequiem

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MBP 2.3 Ghz 4GB RAM 860 GB SSD, iMac 3.4 GHz Intel Core i7 32GB RAM, Fusion Drive 1TB
But even then that glass is a wall.

Just sayin'....

Ridiculous slogan, given the logical conclusion to it.

That really isn't the point. The point is about privacy because essentially it's a window into your everyday life now.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
White Macbook 2.4ghz, 2gb ram, 160gb hd,superdrive, OSX Leopard
of course they should just call it "rubbish" and then there wouldnt be any need to sue for misleading information lol

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
White Macbook 2.4ghz, 2gb ram, 160gb hd,superdrive, OSX Leopard
hmm perhaps they were going more along the lines of.. "window if opportunity" or something like that...

Reaction score
well everyone at microsoft can look straight into your computer if they wanted to can't they? its like they're own persone Window...i like my mac.

Reaction score
Several years ago, I wrote to Microsoft and commented that they might want to rethink how they specified their street address as listed in their programs.

I don't think Microsoft ever responds to questions or communications. For years I would click on the "Report this problem to Microsoft" but never one single time did they ever bother to get back to me with a fix.

Konan

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.