Using Toast with LP's

M

momo

Has anyone used Roxio Toast 6 to digitize any albums or cassette tapes? I recently purchased it, but have been unable to connect my CD/DVD/Turntable/Tuner receiver to my iMac G5. Do I need the little box thing that takes a RCA cable signal and makes it a USB? I have a 1/8" Mic to RCA cable but that doesn't seem to work. Also, where am I supposed to connect it to the receiver? The only outputs I know of are for the speakers and they are designed for speaker wire and not RCA cables. Any help or tips would be greatly appreciated.

OP
H

hmmmnz

hi there, the only real thing u can do is, either get an amp with a rca or some sort of out put, ur dvd player will be fine for the cds and dvd, but ur g5 should have a dvd player anyway, so you can convert them from there.
if you dont wanna buy a new amp for your tapes and lps, what you can do is,
get a 3.5mm stereo head phone plug or old cable you have lying around cut it and pull of a bit of the sheathing inside the cable there will be a screen which is the necative - and 2 smaller cables which are the left and right channel positive + . now all u have to do is connect the 2 positives to the speaker outs on your stereo obviously + to + and - to -. you should only have to connect the - to one channel as there is a common earth.
once this is done plug the 3.5mm plug into the input of ur mac. done.
remember to have the volume low on your stereo as this has a high output wattage compared to rcas or head phones, itll take a few tys to get the desired out put level.
good luck let me know how it goes.
hmmmnz

momo said:
Has anyone used Roxio Toast 6 to digitize any albums or cassette tapes? I recently purchased it, but have been unable to connect my CD/DVD/Turntable/Tuner receiver to my iMac G5. Do I need the little box thing that takes a RCA cable signal and makes it a USB? I have a 1/8" Mic to RCA cable but that doesn't seem to work. Also, where am I supposed to connect it to the receiver? The only outputs I know of are for the speakers and they are designed for speaker wire and not RCA cables. Any help or tips would be greatly appreciated.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.