Keyboard Macro programs for mac?

Reaction score
Hi

Been using my mac almost 2 years now xD
Still a noob though.

Need your assistance here, anyone know any macro keyboard programs for OSX OS?

I'm looking for the specific function of keeping a key pressed down while i do all my stuffs in a browser or in a program. Tried Keyboard Maestro, it's keystroke function doesn't work quite right.

Thanks a lot

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2019 iMac 27"; 2020 M1 MacBook Air; macOS up-to-date... always.
Keeping a key pressed down, either by hand or by a "macro", almost certainly will interfere with the usage of a web browser or other app. What exactly are you trying to do?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
27 iMac+Thunderbolt, iMac 21,
How about Sys Prefs/Universal Access/Keyboard - will that give the features u want viz Sticky Keys

OP
N
Reaction score
Nothingi in particular, i'm just running a Chinese made software that helps with graphic designing, doing a certain function on a very very large picture that needs "F" to be constantly pressed, and no it does not interfere with the program itself or others i've tried.

For example if i hold F down, it'll be functioning, when i type some other letter while holding down F, it just goes to the other letter for now and once i left my finger off the other letter, it immediately goes back to F again without having to lift up F ever.

As for the sticky keys, it's entirely a different thing.

Thanks for helping

Bump again, need some help T.T...
My hands gets easily tired for holding F 6-7 hours a day now......
Tried putting something heavy on there, but the keyboard is so small once u put something on there it's almost impossible to touch the other keys..

OP
N
Reaction score
Google is your friend...
simulate press and hold key mac - Google Search
First hit provides a solution.

I was near the edge of crying when i found out this program had a tech error on them..............

This program actually makes the automator have a function called press down and release key. I was filled with joy....

Then i dragged press down to the action list.
A box of "release key came up", so i thought wth is this.
Then i dragged release key into the action list.
Another box of "release key came up", after trying a couple of times.
I figured out they made a mistake the press down key is now release key..... So they have 2 release key but no press down!!

How can such thing occur just when i needed press down!!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2019 iMac 27"; 2020 M1 MacBook Air; macOS up-to-date... always.
I was near the edge of crying when i found out this program had a tech error on them..............

This program actually makes the automator have a function called press down and release key. I was filled with joy....

Then i dragged press down to the action list.
A box of "release key came up", so i thought wth is this.
Then i dragged release key into the action list.
Another box of "release key came up", after trying a couple of times.
I figured out they made a mistake the press down key is now release key..... So they have 2 release key but no press down!!

How can such thing occur just when i needed press down!!

I just checked that out... that is CRAZY! I can only suggest emailing the developer and asking them *** is up with that.

OP
N
Reaction score
Emailed them, but looking at the date of the program.
V2 has been around since the year 2007, it is unlikely no one ever noticed a 25 dollar program has a mistake in it and not fixing it. Or maybe the team just disbanded all together since in 2007 they said they were working on a universal virtual input program and it's still not out.

Glad i clicked trial 1st before buying the thing~~

Reaction score
I took a look at the internals. I think the keydown action just has an incorrect label. The stuff inside seems to do the right thing. Just pay attention to what it says at the top of the action box. If it works for you, it's easy enough to change the label.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.