First post off new MacBook

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2009 Macbook White 2Ghz 4Gig RAM 320Gig HDD. IPhone 3G 16GB OS 3.0
Hello everyone, my MacBook arrived at work this morning and haven't been off since i got in this evening.

Love it to bits but still getting used to it after always working on Windows previously.

I got the early 2009 2.0 Ghz model refurbished for £579 from Apple themselves and I intend to take it up to 4 gig of Ram and 500 gig hard drive.

I decided to make the switch after having the iPhone 3G for the last 2 months and because I cannot face buying another PC with Vista on haha!

I look forward to becoming an active forum member on here and have already discovered lots by reading previous threads etc.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
White MacBook. iLife '09. iWork '09. Mac OS X 10.6
Welcome. I hope you enjoy your time here.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Retina Macbook Pro 2014 model, 2.6 Ghz Core i5, 8 GB Ram and 256 GB SSD
Congratulations on your MacBook and welcome to the forum. I surely hope you enjoy using your MacBook and have a good time here. I also got mine last month and since its my MacBook, let me tell as each day passes, I fall in love with my MacBook more and more :)

OP
M
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2009 Macbook White 2Ghz 4Gig RAM 320Gig HDD. IPhone 3G 16GB OS 3.0
Cheers guys, it still all feels very odd but slowly getting used to it.

Anyone know the best place to source a 500 gig 7200rpm hard drive in the UK?

I have seen the 4 gig memory kit from Crucial for around £40, does this sound about right?

Thanks

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook 2.4GHz, 4GB RAM, 320 GB 7200RPM HD
Hi I bought both my 4GB crucial memory kit and a 320GB 7200rpm Western digital scorpio drive of amazon.co.uk just search around they both came the very next day and they were the cheapest prices i could find. Other places to look would be scan systems which is a great website.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.