Switch now or after Tiger's released?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
20" iMac 2.0Ghz, 1.5G RAM
I want to buy an iMac... Should I wait for Tiger or go ahead and take the plunge?

The added $129 wouldn't be cool 3 months after I buy my iMac...

Is it a pain to upgrade the OS when Tiger does come out?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
i dont have no mac's
it should be very easy to upgrade to tiger...

i would say to wait just a few extra months if one way or another you will be getting tiger

-chris

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Mini 1.58 - 60 GB 7200 RPM Hard Drive - 1 GB PC3200 & 1.33 Ghz 12" iBook w/ 80 GB 7200 RPM HD
1.) Depends...if you need the computer now...buy now...if not...wait. (P.S. - If you wait for latest and greatest...you'll be waiting forever)

2.) Nope...won't be cool...but just think...that's three months of getting to use your new iMac.

3.) It's not a pain to upgrade...In my experiences OS X upgrades have been rather painless lately. It should preserve all of your settings and such.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iPad 32 GB 3G
I'd wait-- tiger is only 2 or 3 months away and there is quite a bit of speculation that the iMac line is due for a refresh at about the same time, so you could maybe get a better system or possibly one of the current ones at a discount.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro (early 2011) 2,2 i7, 4 GB RAM, 750 GB HDD, 1 GB ATI 6750M, High-Res AntiGlare Screen
im goin to wait for tiger... and maybe the next powerbook release :bone:

**hides in corner**

**draws macabre drawings** >_>

D

DVD Guy

I did not wait. I just bought a G4 and had to pay to upgrade to 10.3. I am having too much fun to let $130 stop me. I will probably upgrade to Tiger too when it comes out.

If it is your first Mac, I saw go ahead and get the computer and take some time to get used to it. You can always start saving an extra $10 per week until Tiger comes out.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.