Clock keeps changing

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
20" Imac 9,1 Core 2 Duo 2.6ghz, 2gb RAM, Snow Leopard, Macbook 7,1 Core 2 Duo 2.4ghz, 2gb RAM, SL
Hi,

Ever since I installed windows xp on bootcamp / seperate partion, when I boot up my mac the clock keeps changing.

I don't know why as the windows xp clock is set to the exact same as the mac clock!

Thanks!

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
Do you have the clock set in XP to compensate for Daylight Savings Time? And make sure you have the correct time zone selected in Windows.

Regards.

Reaction score
Also make sure you don't sync your clock with internet clock as it will always change.

OP
B
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
20" Imac 9,1 Core 2 Duo 2.6ghz, 2gb RAM, Snow Leopard, Macbook 7,1 Core 2 Duo 2.4ghz, 2gb RAM, SL
Thanks for the replies.

I have made sure both windows and mac are NOT sync with internet time and that both are set to the same timezone.

but the clock still keeps changing. I even pressed the padlock to prevent further changes to the settings on the mac.

It isn't like the clock is changing slightly, it is actually changing by hours and hours and from am to pm and vice versa.

Reaction score
OS X and Windows figure out the current time in different ways relative to the internal clock. This makes one OS always several hours off compared to the other.

Boot Camp is supposed to install an "Apple Time Service" in Windows in order to properly compensate for this difference. You may want to see if this task is running in Windows.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.