MySpace - Safari can’t find the server

Reaction score
Hello I'm completely new so if i'm doing this wrong, tell me!

I need help with the internet, because it seems to be working fine and I can get onto almost every website with no problem.
But when it comes to Myspace, my internet just keeps coming up with
"Safari can’t find the server.
Safari can’t open the page “MySpace | Login because it can’t find the server “home.myspace.com”."

nearly every time I try to refresh the page, or look at my messages or view some pictures.
why does it do this to JUST myspace?

thanks!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
rMBP 15" / 2.6GHz / 16GB / 512GB
Try to type the IP Adress instead, 193.213.121.83

instead of home.myspace.com. Does this work?

vansmith

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mini (2014, 2018, 2020), MBA (2020), iPad Pro (2018), iPhone 13 Pro Max, Watch (S6)
Because you're using MySpace ;).

I'm not getting that IP for MySpace - I get 216.178.38.66. Nonetheless, it works fine here. Can you get to it through that IP? Does it work in another browser, like Firefox? What version of Safari are you using?

Reaction score
It may have nothing to do with your mac or Safari. It might be something going on with the DNS of your ISP. In that case, there's not a lot you can do, short of switching DNS servers manually.

Reaction score
It may have nothing to do with your mac or Safari. It might be something going on with the DNS of your ISP. In that case, there's not a lot you can do, short of switching DNS servers manually.

I'm going to have to back up squeabs on this. Switching to firefox prolly isn't going to do a whole lot of good. try switching servers.

Reaction score
I'm having the same problem since I did an update yesterday... It obviously has something to do with update... can anyone help???

Reaction score
Safari 4.0.1 is locking pages...

After installing Safari 4.0 and now update 4.0.1, I cannot bring up any web page where you have a login such as a bank site or even Facebook.

How can I get around this?

Reaction score
After installing Safari 4.0 and now update 4.0.1, I cannot bring up any web page where you have a login such as a bank site or even Facebook.

How can I get around this?
Use Firefox instead. There isn't a whole lot written about the Mac version of Safari from a security standpoint, but there is this article, which may give you pause about using Safari for banking.

Also, I suspect anti-phishing capabilities of the newest versions of Safari may be getting a little "overly aggressive" and it is possible that these are causing the problems accessing web sites cited above.

There are other posts in these forums from people who suddenly are unable to access certain web sites through Safari but can access those same sites through Firefox. If you can access the blocked sites through Firefox, then your DNS servers aren't causing the problem.

Reaction score
Now I am concerned...

I downloaded Firefox and having the same problem. I cannot get on websites where a login is needed, but other sites are okay.

Any idea what the problem may be?

Reaction score
I downloaded Firefox and having the same problem. I cannot get on websites where a login is needed, but other sites are okay.

Any idea what the problem may be?
Well, since the problem isn't Safari then I concede that it might be your DNS server after all. You could try using OpenDNS for your DNS server. If you don't have a router, here's a how to guide for changing your network settings to use OpenDNS in Leopard. (By the way, you don't have to go to Step 2 of the procedure and set up an OpenDNS user account, although you will need to reboot the computer before the changes take will effect.)

If you do have a router, then you will need to set up your router to use OpenDNS. Unfortunately, I can't help you with that because I don't use a router.

dtravis7

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacMini M-1 MacOS Monterey, iMac 2010 27"Quad I7 , MBPLate2011, iPad Pro10.5", iPhoneSE
I have installed every update Apple offers on 5 Macs with 10.5.7 including the latest Safari 4.0.1 and every site logs in here like it always has.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
27 iMac+Thunderbolt, iMac 21,
Hello I'm completely new so if i'm doing this wrong, tell me!

I need help with the internet, because it seems to be working fine and I can get onto almost every website with no problem.
But when it comes to Myspace, my internet just keeps coming up with
"Safari can’t find the server.
Safari can’t open the page “MySpace | Login because it can’t find the server “home.myspace.com”."

thanks!

Do you have the Primary and Secondary DNS numbers for your ISP set in the Network settings of our System Preferences. That can make a difference with some pages loading and others not.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.