PC Magazine reviews dual 2GHz Power Mac G5

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro 2.6 GHz Core 2 Duo 4GB RAM OS 10.5.2
Source: MacMinute.com

PC Magazine reviews dual 2GHz Power Mac G5
September 19, 2003 - 17:00 EDT PC Magazine has posted a complete review of the dual 2GHz Power Mac G5, giving it a four out of a possible five rating. "When Apple's Steve Jobs introduced the Apple Power Mac G5 this summer as the fastest personal computer any company had built to date, we took it with a grain of salt... After testing a loaded ($4,349 direct, after we opted for more RAM and upgraded graphics) dual 2.0GHz Power Mac G5 on a range of high-end content creation applications and comparing the results with a similarly configured (and priced) Dell Precision 650 Workstation running dual 3.06-GHz Xeon processors, we see that indeed the G5 is generally as fast as the best Intel-based workstations currently available (see performance table)."

My Comments: Those Photoshop marks are interesting.. i wonder why the PC finished them faster.. especially since Photoshop is optimized with the G5.. hmm..

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacPro 3.0Ghz 16GB RAM, 4x256 Vid, 30''cinema display
You know, Im not sure that this version of Photoshop is optimized with the G5.. wouldn't that be the next version?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
1.8GHz G5 512mb Ram
The G5 is awesome no doupt, but it's not like the Dual 3.0GHz Intel processors are necessarily slow.

I don't think that photoshop was optimized.

sKaD

OP
Murlyn
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro 2.6 GHz Core 2 Duo 4GB RAM OS 10.5.2
yeah I believe 7.01 is optimized for Photoshop.. and in the article they mentioned the optimized Photoshop.. but not that they used it.. just that there was an update for it.. So yeah Im really not sure

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.