Excel 2004 Chart Default Removal

Reaction score
Hi,

How do you change a default chart in Excel 2004? The Help windows are no help. It indicates you can select the chart set as default and then delete it. My 2004 version of Excel has no Delete option that I can find. Somehow I created a custom default chart some time ago and now I can't go back and make one of the original charts the default. What gives?

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
Is the new default chart a template? If so, just remove its template and it should go back to using the original Excel default. (If I'm understanding your question correctly.)

You may have to navigate to the folder manually and delete it. I'm not using 2004 (I have 2008) but the default template is located:

/Users/your user name/Library/Application Support/Microsoft/Office/User Templates/

Regards.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.