• The Mac-Forums Community Guidelines (linked at the top of every forum) are very clear, we respect US law and court precedence when it comes to legality of activity.

Therefore to clarify:
    • You may not discuss breaking DVD or BluRay encryption, copying, or "ripping" commercial, copy-protected DVDs.
    • This includes DVDs or BluRays you own. Even if you own the DVD or BluRay, it is still technically illegal under the DMCA to break the encryption. While some may argue otherwise, until the law is rewritten or the US Supreme Court strikes it down, we will adhere to the current intent of the law.
    • You may discuss ripping or copying unprotected movies or homemade DVDs.
    • You may discuss ripping or copying tools in the context that they are used for legal purposes as outlined in this post.

DVD Video on an Audio CD

Reaction score
Hi. My bands just finished a three track demo. We recorded a music video for one of the tracks and are wanting to add that to the demo CD that we sell. Is it possible to have audio (that will play in a CD player) and video (that will play in a DVD player) on the same Audio CD? If so, please could someone help me achieve this. I tried Googling it but had no luck.

Thanks, Thomas

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MBP/2.53GHz i5/4GB RAM/500GB HDD/15" LED Screen/Intel HD Graphics & NVIDIA GeForce GT 330M
I know that with many Audio CD's that have video on them cannot be played in traditional DVD players. Instead, the video is linked into a flash type piece of software which, when inserted into a computer, plays in it's own standalone player.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Late 2013 rMBP, i7, 750m gpu, OSX versions 10.9.3, 10.10
Honestly, I don't think there is a way to do that I could be wrong but afaik, CD players expect the first session to be music and I'm not sure how a dvd player would react to a multisession cd. Basically, DVD players expect one thing and CD Player expect another.

Here are my suggestions for solutions for you:

1) Make a multisession CD that the first session is your music and the second is data containing your video files and have it play on a computer. If it's small enough, you might *try* to make the second session a vcd, but I highly doubt it would work in a dvd player (chances are the dvd player would just play the music tracks). This is usually how some store CD's contain both the audio content and cdrom data content for you to use on your computer. If you search for "multisession cd" or "cd extra" on google, you should find plenty of info.

2) Make a DVD that has your songs and music video and use a menu to link to them - the flaw is anyone wanting to listen to your music will require a dvd player to hear it.

3) Get a dual disc jewel case (or dual disc sleeve) and put your project on two separate discs - one for the music, the other for the video. You can create a VCD, but not every DVD player supports VCD cds so you'd be better off having a CD of the music and DVD-R of the video.

My humble opinions, take or leave, doesn't bother me :D

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.