I am depressed :-(

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Retina Macbook Pro 2014 model, 2.6 Ghz Core i5, 8 GB Ram and 256 GB SSD
Just went to the apple site and noticed that they have a 13 inches macbook pro now with better specs for the same price at which the 2GB macbook was offered. I got the 13 inches macbook 3 weeks ago. I wished I had waited 3 weeks and I would have got more features at the same price. I feel like killing myself :-(

OP
M
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Just went to the apple site and noticed that they have a 13 inches macbook pro now with better specs for the same price at which the 2GB macbook was offered. I got the 13 inches macbook 3 weeks ago. I wished I had waited 3 weeks and I would have got more features at the same price. I feel like killing myself :-(

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MBP/2.53GHz i5/4GB RAM/500GB HDD/15" LED Screen/Intel HD Graphics & NVIDIA GeForce GT 330M
OK - first of all I suggest you don't come and say you're going to kill yourself because of a silly little update to a computer. Seriously? Grow up.

And if you had read around, we already have a few threads in which people are whining about the updates.

OP
M
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
I'm sorry about that. Its just that I'm from Pakistan and I saved up a lot of money to get my first Mac being a student and now when I saw that I wished I had listened to my inner voice telling me to wait (LOL)

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2019 iMac 27"; 2020 M1 MacBook Air; macOS up-to-date... always.
The same thing happened to me the last time I bought a Mac, and the last time I bought a computer monitor, a Dell, a car, a cell phone, a washing machine a toaster oven, a DVD. etc etc etc. Heck, I even bought a hardcover novel once only to see the paperback version come out two weeks later. I'm tired of being screwed... I'll never ever buy anything ever again with the way all these companies keep improving their stuff!

CrimsonRequiem

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MBP 2.3 Ghz 4GB RAM 860 GB SSD, iMac 3.4 GHz Intel Core i7 32GB RAM, Fusion Drive 1TB
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro 2.6 GHz Core 2 Duo 4GB RAM OS 10.5.2
The only reason you're bummed about it is because a new computer was released, if a new computer was not released you would still be happy with your purchase. Which means it has nothing to do with your current computer, you will still enjoy it, you still felt like it was a worthy purchase when you bought it.. so enjoy it. Once you're done shopping, quit shopping, enjoy your purchase :)

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MBP/2.53GHz i5/4GB RAM/500GB HDD/15" LED Screen/Intel HD Graphics & NVIDIA GeForce GT 330M
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
20" iMac, 4GB RAM, 1TB HD, OS X 10.6.6, iPod Classic 160GB, iPhone 4
I bought my 8GB iPhone in February for $199 so I'm feeling the same kind of blah! What are you going to do though? Apple is a business, and a fine one at that. I plan to buy the new 3G S next month and give my "old iPhone" to my mom, aren't I a sweet son?

dtravis7

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacMini M-1 MacOS Monterey, iMac 2010 27"Quad I7 , MBPLate2011, iPad Pro10.5", iPhoneSE
***** Merged Duplicate Threads - Please do NOT crosspost the same message in multiple threads. *****

Reaction score
I watched and waited intently for 6 months--so I have no sympathy for those who were "blindsided" by these updates. Any time spent on the forums would have revealed WWDC/Updates/SnowLeopard/Lower Prices-- all coming in June!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2.16GHz C2D MacBook w/ 2GB RAM & 120GB HD. HTC Droid Incredible.
Sorry but who cares? Your computer is still working and there isn't anything wrong with it. You will NEVER have the latest technology when it comes to computers.

OP
M
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
lol! I spent about a month looking at the site before I bought mine going 'please don't change status, please don't change status!'

Exactly. I also used to check the site quite regularly in fact I was so much obsessed with getting a Mac that at times I used to visit their site twice or thrice a day (LOL)

I completely understand that and I really appreciate your showing me the fact that I should enjoy the purchase. Its just that you know one does think that if he had waited for a few more days, he could have bought a better system at the same price. Anyway, I'm screwed now :)

OP
M
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
I watched and waited intently for 6 months--so I have no sympathy for those who were "blindsided" by these updates. Any time spent on the forums would have revealed WWDC/Updates/SnowLeopard/Lower Prices-- all coming in June!

I'm not really offended by your message but being new to the mac world, I wasn't really aware of these forums actually. I just used to visit the apple site. Being from Pakistan, we don't have a lot of places to be aware of new stuff coming up so yeah I had very little knowledge about macs as very very very few people have it here so I had no idea about any updates.

OP
M
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
***** Merged Duplicate Threads - Please do NOT crosspost the same message in multiple threads. *****

I'm really sorry about that. Some sort of network error on my side, which led to duplication. It won't happen again. My apologies!

Reaction score
I remember the day of the "PC" wars in the early to mid 90's. It seemed that computer technology changed by the hour. One minute you were running the best video card you could get and the very next a 3 times better one was released. If you didn't eat sleep breath the stuff you got lost in about a week. Thank god it has pretty much stablized. I bought my iMac Feb 08 and a short time later a faster one came out. I was bummed for a short until I realized that no matter what I still got a great product. At the same time I got a new Dell PC for work and had nothing but trouble with it as did my coworkers. Knock on wood the only thing I have had to replace on my iMac the RAM as I upgraded to 4Gb. I have only had to reload it once because of a screensaver I installed. Other than that it still runs great. Next spring I think the wife and I are going to get a pair of laptops. Hers will be a new one I still want one of the older ones with Fire wire. We can't afford the Macbook pro but the macbook will be just fine for us. You just need to revel in the fact that all those people that have PC's are at the mercy of Microsoft and their computers are soooo much slower than yours even though you have the same specs. Anybody can buy a PC but only the smart people buy a Mac. Welcome to the club.

OP
M
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
That was very well said. Yeah I'm feeling quite alright now actually. I talked to my mother too and she was like you were so excited with your mac throughout this time so you should feel the same about it even now. She told me not regret about it and enjoy what I have since she reminded me of the times when we didn't have enough money to buy one so she told me that it was the best time for me to have it and I should be grateful rather than regret my decision. However, you also helped me a great deal to re-assess my thinking and I'm thankful to you for that :)

You are right. I have heard that the Mac OS is more stable and fast so with my current specs, I don't need to worry about the speed issues just like Windows users have to face when a new version of windows arrive. Thank you so much for reminding me to see that the glass is half full rather than being half empty :)

vansmith

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mini (2014, 2018, 2020), MBA (2020), iPad Pro (2018), iPhone 13 Pro Max, Watch (S6)
That was very well said. Yeah I'm feeling quite alright now actually. I talked to my mother too and she was like you were so excited with your mac throughout this time so you should feel the same about it even now. She told me not regret about it and enjoy what I have since she reminded me of the times when we didn't have enough money to buy one so she told me that it was the best time for me to have it and I should be grateful rather than regret my decision. However, you also helped me a great deal to re-assess my thinking and I'm thankful to you for that :)

You are right. I have heard that the Mac OS is more stable and fast so with my current specs, I don't need to worry about the speed issues just like Windows users have to face when a new version of windows arrive. Thank you so much for reminding me to see that the glass is half full rather than being half empty :)
No, thank you for being one of the few irrationally frustrated people who has come to realize that (a) there is nothing wrong with your machine and (b) technology evolves quickly and there is nothing you can do to stop it. :)

OP
M
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
LOL :)
Yeah well I am pretty much alright now. In fact, I don't think about it at all. I love my mac still and it is the same for me. An extra speed, illuminated keyboard and extra battery hours won't make a difference. Of course knowing that you would have gotten it at the same price sometimes make you feel a bit down but then again its not like the end of the world and I still have a very good machine :)

Thank you all for making me realize this.

vansmith

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mini (2014, 2018, 2020), MBA (2020), iPad Pro (2018), iPhone 13 Pro Max, Watch (S6)
LOL :)
Yeah well I am pretty much alright now. In fact, I don't think about it at all. I love my mac still and it is the same for me.
As it should be. It still does what you want it to do and if new Macs hadn't been introduced, you wouldn't have noticed a difference :).

Of course knowing that you would have gotten it at the same price sometimes make you feel a bit down but then again its not like the end of the world and I still have a very good machine :)

Thank you all for making me realize this.
We all feel like that because that's how technology works. Realization of this makes the pill a little easier to swallow.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.