video pausing...

Reaction score
I am trying to play simple videos (You Tube, blog videos, etc.) and the video keeps pausing about every 2 minutes... then starts playing again. I did not have this problem when I first started using my MacBook ... no major software installation, no changes in configuration, etc.

Any suggestions??

Thanks!!

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
What else is running while you're viewing the videos? Open your activity monitor and see what's going on. It could also be caused by your ISP as streaming video requires quite a bit of bandwidth.

Also make sure you keep your machine clean and lean.... Use OnyX or MainMenu once a month. Both free.

Regards.

OP
D
Reaction score
Thanks... going to download one of the programs... maybe that will help.

I am only running Safari and sometimes WORD... using Verizon Broadband...

Kim

OP
D
Reaction score
OK, I just downloaded MainMenu and drug it to my applications folder... i keep double clicking on it and nothing is happening... am I missing something?? how do I know it is running or working??

Thanks,
Kim

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.