all of my music and playlists are gone from iTunes

Reaction score
Hi there!

I have a mac book pro, and i have a little dilemma.

SO i changed the name of the music file (coz i dunno why) and then put mac to sleep for a bit. when i woke it up, all the applications i had open had closed and when i opened iTunes, ALL my music AND playlists had gone.

So i figured it was coz i changed the name of the folder.
So i changed it back, found the music and dragged it back into iTunes. I loaded in and played...but then...al of a sudden, NONE of the files could be found.
My first thought was to check the Trash...nothing in there.
SO i have searched for song names and albums...nothing. My time machine, for some reason is off...and i dont know how long it's been like that.

Nothing has been deleted. SO it should be here somewhere....

does anyone have ANY idea what may have happened? I had 70G of music. I'm a music teacher and need ALL of that stuff back!!!

thanks

NB

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac 20" 2.4 Ghz Intel Core 2 Duo 4gig,Mac OS X Maverick, Macbook Intel 2gig, iPhone 3G
Dont you have time machine, if you do, restore, if you dont, then you need to think seriously about getting it

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.