• Welcome to the Off-Topic/Schweb's Lounge

In addition to the Mac-Forums Community Guidelines, there are a few things you should pay attention to while in The Lounge.

Lounge Rules
    • If your post belongs in a different forum, please post it there.
    • While this area is for off-topic conversations, that doesn't mean that every conversation will be permitted. The moderators will, at their sole discretion, close or delete any threads which do not serve a beneficial purpose to the community.

Understand that while The Lounge is here as a place to relax and discuss random topics, that doesn't mean we will allow any topic. Topics which are inflammatory, hurtful, or otherwise clash with our Mac-Forums Community Guidelines will be removed.

Fault in Apple Store.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" MacBook Pro, 2.53GHz, 4GB, Snow Leopard + iPhone 3G
I just noticed this...

Into the apple store and select the 17" MBP. It says to upgrade to 3.06GHz you have to spend £240.01 (im English), so you select the upgraded processor and it adds the correct amount of money on to the total and click back to the standard processor and it deducts the correct amount. When when you have clicked on the 3.06GHz processor it says it will take off £208.70 no £240.01. Also happens with memory.

Hope this makes sense, just thought i would share it.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Late 2013 rMBP, i7, 750m gpu, OSX versions 10.9.3, 10.10
If you haven't yet, you might want to contact Apple directly on that; sounds like a pretty serious fault.

OP
jamessmells
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
doesnt happen on memory but im on the phone now :)

OP
jamessmells
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
The bloke on phone is going to get it correct ASAP. I feel like a good citizen.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Late 2013 rMBP, i7, 750m gpu, OSX versions 10.9.3, 10.10
Hey, you never know - they might do something cool to thank you. I dunno if they've ever done something like that before, but it sure would be nice if they offered you something for bringing it forth and helping them diagnose the issue.

OP
jamessmells
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
I wouldn't mind that. But I didn't give the guy on the phone any contact details other than my name so they wouldn't know how to contact me unless they have caller ID. Dang. It was quite funny how surprised he sounded! It's not often that Apple make a mistake!

OP
jamessmells
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Its corrected.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.