Mouse Question

JRV

Reaction score
i hooked up my microsoft optical mouse to my iBook via USB. why does the cursor speed get very sluggish when it gets near clickable objects. it's speed doesn't remain constant around menus and stuff. can this be fixed.

OP
JRV

JRV

Reaction score
i'm very reluctant to use the above driver. i have read some bad stuff on it. does anyone else experience a not so smooth usb mouse? all my buttons work but the cursor movement seems off.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
PowerMac G4 Cube 450mhz 832mb
what kind of surface are you using it on? mousepad? have you tried changing any settings in the mouse system preference?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
13" MBA. 15" MBP. iPhone 4. 3G Pad 2.
The usual cursor acceleration on the Mac is curved ie move the mouse fast and the cursor moves further across the screen than when the mouse is moved slowly. Think of a 20"+ display. Would you really want it the same :)
Takes a bit of getting used to after windows but I find it better. Get across the screen fast then slower to hit the target.
Some third party mouse drivers allow you to set it the same as windows.
eg The Mac mice ones have two sliders for acceleration so you can flatten the curve if you want too.
Have fun

OP
JRV

JRV

Reaction score
i've looked into this further and it seems like i want to change the acceloration. i have trouble with accuracy. the acceloration doesn't remain constent.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.