Battery problem on BootCamp XP

Reaction score
Hello Guys,

I admit I made an error thinking it's a good idea to buy the MacBook Pro and use it primarily for XP on Bootcamp. But I would be willing just to carry my burden, except that it became nearly impossible....

After using it for almost two years, the windows makes hard shutdown after 5minutes on the battery (still showing 70-80% of charge), after that I can still load OSX and run it for an hour... Now that is strange.

Sometimes, (and recently all the time), windows goes to 100% CPU use, mainly system related and distributed to all the processes, and the only way to make anything move except the mouse - is to remove the battery on the fly...
Changing one parameter in the Registry to higher the threshold of such thing have delayed my agony for a year or so... but now it's back for good...

Battery recharge cycle somehow managed to go to 400 in one year, and I guess part of the problem is that battery is screaming - Replace me! But I'm rather windows guy than mac, and I would prefer to figure out the solution and understand something about how it works rather than just buy the serenity of mind....

So, my question is: is there alternative to Microsoft Battery driver with can understand what the "smart" apple battery is telling it? BTW, I did "update the firmware of the battery" to 1.3, even though it sounds ridiculous...

Second question: anyone knows the magic behind the actions of the battery?

Side note: I have a 10 or more years old Dell, which still can run XP very well for 1/2h on battery and never has any kind of problems like that.... At least the measured charge corresponds to what's left...

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.