• The Mac-Forums Community Guidelines (linked at the top of every forum) are very clear, we respect US law and court precedence when it comes to legality of activity.

Therefore to clarify:
    • You may not discuss breaking DVD or BluRay encryption, copying, or "ripping" commercial, copy-protected DVDs.
    • This includes DVDs or BluRays you own. Even if you own the DVD or BluRay, it is still technically illegal under the DMCA to break the encryption. While some may argue otherwise, until the law is rewritten or the US Supreme Court strikes it down, we will adhere to the current intent of the law.
    • You may discuss ripping or copying unprotected movies or homemade DVDs.
    • You may discuss ripping or copying tools in the context that they are used for legal purposes as outlined in this post.

iDVD Question.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
20" iMac | iPhone 4
Hey everyone :) Just a quick question:

In iDVD, can you insert your own animated menu's like some of the example menu's are? I know you can insert still images but for my project i would like a custom made animated menu. If so what format does it have to be in? Macromedia Flash, Director?

Kind Regards,

Chris, :mac:

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
PowerMac G4 Cube 450mhz 832mb
Im not 100% sure, but I think you can make your own images in photoshop and import them into idvd and have it animate it for you, or you can use dvdstudio pro3.

D

dreric1kansas

animation to insert

Hey there
A little late. After Effects is a good program to try for animation. A good book that I am reviewing is called After Effects Photoshop animation and production effects for DV and FILM.
Dr. Eric Flescher, ([email protected]), editor MacsU.N.I.T.E. (Subscribe send email to : [email protected]) , MacCompanion Reviewer/writer (http://www.maccompanion.com/); moderator [email protected]- to subscribe [email protected]; editor TechU.N.I.T.E. (Subscribe send email to PC version TechU.N.I.T.E.- Technology Users Network for Integrating Technology into Education- to subscribe send email to [email protected]: [email protected])

MrChris said:
Hey everyone :) Just a quick question:

In iDVD, can you insert your own animated menu's like some of the example menu's are? I know you can insert still images but for my project i would like a custom made animated menu. If so what format does it have to be in? Macromedia Flash, Director?

Kind Regards,

Chris, :mac:

D

dreric1kansas

exporting to SWF

There is a great tutorial for exporting to SWF in p.94 95 and P. 141 in the book How to Wow Photoshop for the Web by Kabili and Smith (fantastic and well done book).
I have it reviewed BTW at my site at
http://www.maccompanion.com/archives/november2004/books/HowtoWow.html
I recommend this book at anyone wanting to do SWF and photoshop book- It is one of the best I have seen in many years

FILE>EXPORT>MacCROMEDIA FLASH SWFExpoert dialog box choose the following setting and click ok
make sure preserve appearance is unchecked
check generate HTML which tells Imageready to create an HTML file with code to display your SWF in a web browser
Leave other options at their default

Hope that helps

Dr. Eric Flescher, ([email protected]), editor MacsU.N.I.T.E. (Subscribe send email to : [email protected]) , MacCompanion Reviewer/writer (http://www.maccompanion.com/); moderator [email protected]- to subscribe [email protected]; editor TechU.N.I.T.E. (Subscribe send email to PC version TechU.N.I.T.E.- Technology Users Network for Integrating Technology into Education- to subscribe send email to [email protected]: [email protected])

MAC-FORUMS.COM > GENERAL DISCUSSIONS > VIDEO, AUDIO, AND IMAGES > iDVD Question.

MrChris

Mac Specs: 12" iBook G4 1.2GhZ, 512MB RAM, Bluetooth Module.

iDVD Question.
Hey everyone Just a quick question:

Kind Regards,

Chris,

MrChris
View Public Profile
Send a private message to MrChris
Visit MrChris's homepage!
Find More Posts by MrChris
Add MrChris to Your Buddy List

03-08-2005, 04:41 AM #2

Macman

Mac Specs: PowerMac G4 Cube 450mhz 832mb

Im not 100% sure, but I think you can make your own images in photoshop and import them into idvd and have it animate it for you, or you can use dvdstudio pro3.

Vincent Tavera
Creative Director/Production Manager
Impact Graphics©2005

Macman
View Public Profile
Send a private message to Macman
Find More Posts by Macman
Add Macman to Your Buddy List

Yesterday, 11:26 PM #3

dreric1kansas
animation to insert

Hey there
A little late. After Effects is a good program to try for animation. A good book that I am reviewing is called After Effects Photoshop animation and production effects for DV and FILM.

Quote:

Originally Posted by MrChris

Hey everyone Just a quick question:

Kind Regards,

Chris,

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.