Getting quicktime for windows while in osx??

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Late 2013 rMBP, i7, 750m gpu, OSX versions 10.9.3, 10.10
Hi all,

I'm having a little bit of trouble - I'm sure this can be done, but I don't see how. I could swear there used to be a download alternate version link, but I just can't find it.

Basically, I'm getting a windows PC setup that doesn't have internet access. I need to get quicktime on it. I currently am using one of my Macs. When I go to Apples site to get quicktime, it will only give me the option to download for OSX. This is a tad bit annoying as I'm sure you can imagine ;) Anyone have any tips?

vansmith

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mini (2014, 2018, 2020), MBA (2020), iPad Pro (2018), iPhone 13 Pro Max, Watch (S6)
Hi all,

I'm having a little bit of trouble - I'm sure this can be done, but I don't see how. I could swear there used to be a download alternate version link, but I just can't find it.

Basically, I'm getting a windows PC setup that doesn't have internet access. I need to get quicktime on it. I currently am using one of my Macs. When I go to Apples site to get quicktime, it will only give me the option to download for OSX. This is a tad bit annoying as I'm sure you can imagine ;) Anyone have any tips?
I'll do you one better and give you the link.

OP
N
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Thanks all, I was trying to get it from apple directly, they used to have a way to download for alternative OS's right on the webpage :(

Oh well, I'm downloading it now via posted link.

vansmith

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mini (2014, 2018, 2020), MBA (2020), iPad Pro (2018), iPhone 13 Pro Max, Watch (S6)
Thanks all, I was trying to get it from apple directly, they used to have a way to download for alternative OS's right on the webpage :(

Oh well, I'm downloading it now via posted link.
Mine is directly from Apple ;). I booted into my Windows VM and got the download link.

OP
N
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
hahahaha vansmith - I would have done that if I were at home (where I have bootcamp and a vm setup), but I haven't gotten my vm setup on this mac yet (I prolly won't do bootcamp on this mini I'm on right now), I'm just kind of bummed that they appear to have taken away the ability to get the program for other OS's regardless of what OS you're currently sitting on :(

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.