Free Geocities like webprogram for mac?

L

luvsalad

Okay as a poor college student i set up one of those free geocities webpages but when i went to make the actual site with their page builder program it says it doesn't work on macs! Does anyone know a hosting type site like geocities with a program that supports macs? I'm so annoyed! Thanks, Molly

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro | LED Cinema Display | iPhone 4 | iPad 2
Hey Molly,
I believe last time I checked that Tripod worked with Mac. There's also always a .Mac site which is $99/year plus some other benefits.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
G5•2x1.8•1.5•320•8x+/-
Welcome to Mac-Forums Molly!

I learned html on my own about 4 years ago when geocities STILL DIDN'T support macs, so now I do all my web design in BBEdit or Dreamweaver. I'm guessing what you're looking for is a simple graphical drag and drop website maker.

i dont think there are any free ones, and the ones I have seen are kinda hard to learn for drag and drop. besides Dreamweaver, which isnt the easiest to learn. If you need a simple website with images and words you can get .mac like schweb recommeneded

or if you dont mind waiting a few weeks i might be able to help you out with a simple site. catch me on aim (reelbigian01) or PM me

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacPro 3.0Ghz 16GB RAM, 4x256 Vid, 30''cinema display
Doesn't your school provide its own web hosting for students? (unless your problem is coding)

Follow schwebs and Addikts advice

OP
T

thePurpleGiant

The latest version of Mozilla includes a very competent WYSIWYG HTML editor in its 'Composer' section. It reminds me very much of Claris Home Page of old.

www.mozilla.org

OP
M

Mac Apple

The page builder does work on mac. I built a quick site with it when I was bored.
My site using yahoo pagebuilder.

OP
D

dante22

luvsalad said:
Okay as a poor college student i set up one of those free geocities webpages but when i went to make the actual site with their page builder program it says it doesn't work on macs! Does anyone know a hosting type site like geocities with a program that supports macs? I'm so annoyed! Thanks, Molly
Hey, that schweb guy is on to something. I joined the .mac for$99 and I think it was money well spent. If you have it (the$99) go for it. Nothing is ever for free (almost).

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.