iTunes 8.2 update/Documents folder issue

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" Aluminum unibody MBP, Intel core duo 2.4GHz proc, 4MB DDR3 RAM,
I updated iTunes and Quicktime yesterday and ever since, I am unable to open my Documents folder. It opens, freezes and closes itself out all in one fell swoop. I don't know what to do or how to trouble shoot this. :(

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
No problem here after the same updates to iTunes and QuickTime. I'm assuming you tried opening the folder both from the DOCK and directly from the Finder?

Try creating another user account as a test and see if you can access the Documents folder from the new user account.

If you can open the Documents folder from the new user account, that might indicate that there is a corrupt document in the original account's document folder. Although I wouldn't think it should impact the entire folder. Post back and let us know.

Regards.

OP
MacJenny
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Weirdly, it's only an issue with the "shortcut" on the side bar in the main screen of the hard drive. I just found that I can access it with no problems via home>documents. I can live with that.

Reaction score
MacJenny, you can just drag that sidebar Documents alias off to the left (poof) and drag a new one on there from home>

OP
MacJenny
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacJenny, you can just drag that sidebar Documents alias off to the left (poof) and drag a new one on there from home>

That was the first thing I tried. Still didn't work. :)

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.