Does the Battery overcharge?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Aluminum Macbook 13.3 inch
If i leave my battery charger in for a long time will it overcharge and make the battery life shorter and take up hard drive space?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
21" iMac * 2.8 Ghz Intel Core i7 * 16GB 1333 Mhz DDR3 * 1TB HD *AMD Radeon HD 6770M 512 MB
No, in fact it's best to leave your computer plugged in whenever it's near an outlet. Usually once the battery is charged, the AC power kicks in. I leave my Macbook Pro plugged in pretty much all the time and the battery life is exactly as it should be.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2.16GHz C2D MacBook w/ 2GB RAM & 120GB HD. HTC Droid Incredible.
If i leave my battery charger in for a long time will it overcharge and make the battery life shorter and take up hard drive space?

I am interested in why you believe it will take up hard drive space?

CrimsonRequiem

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MBP 2.3 Ghz 4GB RAM 860 GB SSD, iMac 3.4 GHz Intel Core i7 32GB RAM, Fusion Drive 1TB
I am interested in why you believe it will take up hard drive space?

Could happen if he leaves his machine on connected to someone's network. They could be sending him trash files to fill up HDD space.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2.16GHz C2D MacBook w/ 2GB RAM & 120GB HD. HTC Droid Incredible.
Could happen if he leaves his machine on connected to someone's network. They could be sending him trash files to fill up HDD space.

Because he leaves the battery charger plugged in?

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.