Display Driver Problem

Reaction score
I'm running XP SP2 on my partitioned drive, for games mostly. For a game, I mucked around with the display settings, and for some reason now, after Windows loads, the screen stays black. Windows definitely loads, because the music plays and I can hear the dings from AOL IM trying to connect.

Basically, how can I update the display driver or change the settings from OSx, how can I make it so I can get a display when running Windows?

Thanks in advance for any help.

vansmith

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mini (2014, 2018, 2020), MBA (2020), iPad Pro (2018), iPhone 13 Pro Max, Watch (S6)
Sounds like you set the resolution too high. You can try what is suggested here or worst case, boot into Safe Mode, uninstall the vid driver, boot back into Windows (you should now have a horrible resolution) and reinstall the vid drivers.

For future reference, find your Mac on this website. It will have a list of supported resolutions for your model.

OP
B
Reaction score
Thanks for your response. Unfortunately, I tried both Safe Mode and VGA Mode and in both modes the screen still stays black. I'm guessing there's no way to update the Windows drivers from OSx?

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.