Best P2P for mac MP3

S

SandmanRU

I recently purchased a G4 with dual processors and a studio display. I love it. Anayways, I can't find a real good P2P for mac. I used kazaa on my old PC and was looking for something like that. I have tried Poison, which seems to be the best thing I have found so far. I have also tried Limewire, and both don't even compare to kazaa. I don't mind paying a monthly fee for a P2P either. If anyone knows anything, anything at all, just let me know. Thanks. PLEASE REPLY TO THIS MESSAGE!!!!! Peace.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
1.8GHz G5 512mb Ram
SandmanRU said:
I recently purchased a G4 with dual processors and a studio display. I love it. Anayways, I can't find a real good P2P for mac. I used kazaa on my old PC and was looking for something like that. I have tried Poison, which seems to be the best thing I have found so far. I have also tried Limewire, and both don't even compare to kazaa. I don't mind paying a monthly fee for a P2P either. If anyone knows anything, anything at all, just let me know. Thanks. PLEASE REPLY TO THIS MESSAGE!!!!! Peace.

Removed

sKaD

OP
S

SandmanRU

what else though I have tried all of those. is there anything I can buy. I heard of kazaa for mac but I am not sure if it is for real.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
1.8GHz G5 512mb Ram
SandmanRU said:
is there anything I can buy.QUOTE]

iTunes?

I don't understand what you're getting at, the interface? or the search results you get? Because some of those use Kazaa's network for searches, so basically, you should be happy :confused:

OP
S

SandmanRU

I mean all of the programs I have used do not have good search results and do not download good. I am mainly interested in music and a lot of the bands I like do not even show up in the search results for all of the P2p's I have tried. When I had kazaa I could find those bands and it downloaded much quicker. Or I will find some songs the band has on an album, but not all of them on mac P2p's.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacPro 3.0Ghz 16GB RAM, 4x256 Vid, 30''cinema display
This thread is very close to being on the edge of illegal.
The Rule close to being broken is
"No illegal activity - Warez specifically"

If you are looking for LEGAL .mp3s from bands that allow for LEGAL downloads of as many copies as you desire. Then this thread is fine, and because it appears that it could be just legal stuff. I wont lock this thread yet, keep it legal.

I do suggest using iTunes, it is legal and helps out our local macintosh makers :)

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
1.8GHz G5 512mb Ram
Like I stated before, those programs from that link use the SAME network as KaZaA, so whatever you search for using those programs would bring up the SAME results as KaZaA. It ALL depends on if there are USERS ONLINE sharing that specific file you are looking for.

sKaD

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro | LED Cinema Display | iPhone 4 | iPad 2
I also like Aquisition. I find it to meet my needs....

OP
U

urbandyke

I like Acquisition too. For LEGAL file-sharing, of course. I'm kinda pissed at iTunes for jacking all the music I BOUGHT when my computer crashed.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacPro 3.0Ghz 16GB RAM, 4x256 Vid, 30''cinema display
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro | LED Cinema Display | iPhone 4 | iPad 2
urbandyke said:
I like Acquisition too. For LEGAL file-sharing, of course. I'm kinda pissed at iTunes for jacking all the music I BOUGHT when my computer crashed.
Personally I agree with you about iTMS. It seems utterly rediculous that Apple can't keep a server side list of music you've purchased and allow you to redownload it in the instance that your computer crashes. I understand that you can make a backup, but for the average home user that isn't too savvy, how many of them even know they need to back it up? Apple doesn't make it very clear.

OP
H

HopperJonusFang

Backup all your important things regularly and you cant go wrong.
At the cost of just a blank CD I can safely back up my most important files every month or so

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.