help with moving itunes to my new mac

Reaction score
Hi all about to ge my first mac! very exciting but I have a problem.

My Pc which I was using to sync my iphone has died and I have been Downloading alot of music from my iphone because I asumed when I got my Mac I could just sync whats on my iphone to my new mac. Much to my anger I find out that you can't acctully do this, and to sync with a different comp it'll wipe everything I have on my iphone! is this true and is there a way I can get around it because I've spent ALOT over the last few months on songs and really don't want to loose them! Thanks

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
late 08 macbook 2.0 4gig 320hdd10.7.3 32 gig iPhone 4s
iTunes WILL allow you to move the purchased songs from your phone .
iTunes includes an option to transfer iTunes content from an iPod or iPhone that was purchased from the iTunes store, but this is for iTunes content that was purchased from the iTunes store only.

With your iPhone connected and without syncing, at the iTunes menu bar go to File and select Transfer Purchases From - the name of your iPhone.

If your iPhone includes iTunes content that was not purchased from the iTunes store such as music that was imported into your iTunes library from a music CD, you need to transfer your iTunes library from the computer you were syncing your iPhone with to your new Mac.

Hope this helps
Clay

OP
M
Reaction score
THANKYOU! I was starting to get worried. Don't mind that I can move my no itunes music because I have them on my external HD anyway. thanks again!

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.