Macs could help defend government from cyber attacks

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro 2.6 GHz Core 2 Duo 4GB RAM OS 10.5.2
Source: MacMinute.com

Macs could help defend government from cyber attacks
September 18, 2003 - 10:38 EDT David Zeiler's latest column for the Baltimore Sun looks at problems -- especially from "cyber terrorists" -- federal agencies could incur by using Windows-based systems and how Macs could seemingly do the job better. "Regardless of Microsoft's progress on improving security, the federal government would be wise to look to diversification among operating systems as a basic defense against cyber terrorists," Zeiler concludes. "Given OS X's resistance to attack and high level of interoperability with Windows networks, Macs would be ideal for such a role."

My Comments: Very interesting article

rman

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
14in MacBook Pro M1 Max 32GB 2TB
That is very interesting

rman

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
14in MacBook Pro M1 Max 32GB 2TB
If this were to happen. I think there may be some attempted attacks to follow.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
1.8GHz G5 512mb Ram
I heard that they were going to the free Unix distros? Because it's open source and all. I forget where I read it, but the government isn't liking the fact that they don't know what's in the source code of Windows.

sKaD

X

Xer0

Microsoft recognize that is the case, and have their for made the source code available to governments only. In regards to the U.S gov. using MACs - that would only attract more people to write malicouse code for the OS-X platform.

[ The U.S has a lot of enemies right now ]

Critical government systems should be built on the UNIX core... 'in-house' AND must be kept updated classified.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.