finding a photos in iphoto

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac (2.8 Ghz and 2 gb memory)& MacBook
I am a Mac newbie so I may be being just stupid. When in iphoto I go to photoshop as an external editor. Today I used a photoshop facility to resize a photo (something I will be doing often). I then just saved it but cannot see the resized photo in iphoto. If I look at the hard disk and all images then there it is and with the same path as the original but with the word copy in the file name. Any ideas what I am doing wrong?

Reaction score
Sounds like you don't have Photoshop set up as your external editor from the iPhoto Preferences or are not accessing it from inside iPhoto. Make sure you have Photoshop set up to be your External editor then when you
select the photo you want to edit "Right click or control click" and select "Edit in External Editor" That will open Photoshop if it's not already open with the photo in it ready to edit.. When you are finished with your edit only use "Save" DO NOT use "Save AS". This will put the edited file back where it belongs so iPhoto can find it. Once it is resized and Saved back that's the size it will be from now on, if you want to keep the original size as well as the new size in iPhoto you can make a Duplicate before you edit it in Photoshop. You will find Duplicate under the iPhoto menu "Photos". Then you can rename the duplicate.

Picture 3.jpg

Picture 4.jpg

OP
D
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac (2.8 Ghz and 2 gb memory)& MacBook
Photoshop is set up as external editor and the facility I tried was a batch edit to resize which does just save. The original in iphoto is still the original size but I can find the amended photo in all images on the hard disk but with copy appended to the photo name. So the photoshop facility worked and created a resized photo and put it in the iphoto library but I can not find it in iphoto.
Any ideas

Reaction score
Photoshop is set up as external editor and the facility I tried was a batch edit to resize which does just save. The original in iphoto is still the original size but I can find the amended photo in all images on the hard disk but with copy appended to the photo name. So the photoshop facility worked and created a resized photo and put it in the iphoto library but I can not find it in iphoto.
Any ideas

I just go back home to Washington from a 2,500 mile cross country trip last night so wasn't able to checking my email for awhile.
With the word "copy" appended to the resized photo it becomes a new photo to iPhoto. You will have to import it as a new photo into iPhoto if you can't find a way to stop the word "copy" from being attached.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.