Trouble with Windows and Boot Camp

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
White MacBook (2009) 2ghz 2gig 667 ram 120gig hd Geforce 9400M System 10.5.6
Hey all,

I Just popped in a new hardrive and all was well. Finally had enough space to have bootcamp and mac osx.

I installed osx no problem, then used bootcamp assistant and made a 80gig partition. Installed XP Pro but then and all was well. Had some problems with XP and needed to reinstall. Only this time when I erased the partition and re did it when I go to XP install I see one partition, and its 127 gig. Confused I put it on that partition and Mac OSX was gone, it would no longer boot.

So I reinstalled OSX and tried bootcamp assistant and made an 80gig partition. But once again when I get into XP install all I see is a a 127gig partition and it won't let me create a new partition.

Now I have a 300gig and disk utility sees that it is a 300gig, but says that it has 127 gig free, and 448MB used... Very odd... Also it will no longer let me partition or format the drives. This is bad.

I downloaded UBCD and it also will see that the HDD Size is 300gig, but again it is showing that 127gig free and only 448mb used. I really don't want to call apple on this. Can anyone help?

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
You're probably better off starting over.

Boot the machine with your Leopard DVD #1 and run Disk Utilities from Utilities at the top menu.

Completely erase the disk and format it as HFS +. (make sure all the partitions have been erased) Name the hard drive "Macintosh HD". Also check the size of the one partition - it should match the size of the drive less any overhead. Continue with the process by reinstalling Leopard and all its applications.

Now you should be able to run the BC assistant again, create a partition for Windows, and install.

Regards.

OP
V
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
White MacBook (2009) 2ghz 2gig 667 ram 120gig hd Geforce 9400M System 10.5.6
Weird, I did that all over again same problem.

Funny thing is I tried another windows xp cd and it saw the bootcamp partition, weird?

So one copy of xp pro won't see drive and one xp pro does.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.