• The Mac-Forums Community Guidelines (linked at the top of every forum) are very clear, we respect US law and court precedence when it comes to legality of activity.

Therefore to clarify:
    • You may not discuss breaking DVD or BluRay encryption, copying, or "ripping" commercial, copy-protected DVDs.
    • This includes DVDs or BluRays you own. Even if you own the DVD or BluRay, it is still technically illegal under the DMCA to break the encryption. While some may argue otherwise, until the law is rewritten or the US Supreme Court strikes it down, we will adhere to the current intent of the law.
    • You may discuss ripping or copying unprotected movies or homemade DVDs.
    • You may discuss ripping or copying tools in the context that they are used for legal purposes as outlined in this post.

iMovie Problem

Reaction score
Hi there - I'm new!

I am completely new to iMovie, although I have had a Mac for a while now. However, I was attempting to make a video and I encountered a problem.

I'm not really sure how to describe it, so here's a screenshot:

http://img39.imageshack.us/img39/3632/picture50g.png
Not a very good (or cool) video, I know! :D

As you can see, though, the little video strip thing on the left (don't know what it's called, sorry!) has the video running fine, but the image on the left has completely distorted it.

What I did is I took 2 videos with my mobile phone and uploaded them via bluetooth. At first, these wouldn't play at all on iMovie, as they were on .3GP, so I downloaded the free trial of a movie converter and converted them both to .mp4.

When I play each clip separately, they work fine, but the moment I add a second to the reel, the other one becomes distorted.

Am I doing something wrong...?

Cheers
Chris

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.