windows bootcamp issue!

Reaction score
after following the easy guide to create a partitioned space on the hard drive i restarted to instal win XP. as i go to select my partition to intall on the space that was said to be createdthe bootcamp space was not there in the fat format.i dont want to risk installing it on the space provided as im sure it is the space with OSX. now when i restart it askes for a boot disk. how can i cancel this setup?

Any help it greatly apreciated!

cwa107

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
14" MacBook Pro M1 Pro, 16GB RAM, 1TB SSD
Press and hold the option key immediately after turning the machine on. Hold it until you can select the Mac OS X partition. After booting the machine into OS X, go into System Preferences => Startup Disk and make sure you set the Mac OS X partition to be the default.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macbook Pro (Unibody) MB471LL/A, 15.4", 2.53 GHz, 320GB HD, 4GB RAM, 9600 GT Graphics...
Press and hold the option key immediately after turning the machine on. Hold it until you can select the Mac OS X partition. After booting the machine into OS X, go into System Preferences => Startup Disk and make sure you set the Mac OS X partition to be the default.

I was going to ask to how to set the Mac OS as primary because mine wants to boot to Windows by default all the time. Thanks! :D

cwa107

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
14" MacBook Pro M1 Pro, 16GB RAM, 1TB SSD
I was going to ask to how to set the Mac OS as primary because mine wants to boot to Windows by default all the time. Thanks! :D

Sure. Also note that it can be set in Windows in the Control Panel (assuming the Boot Camp drivers and support software have been installed).

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macbook Pro (Unibody) MB471LL/A, 15.4", 2.53 GHz, 320GB HD, 4GB RAM, 9600 GT Graphics...
Sure. Also note that it can be set in Windows in the Control Panel (assuming the Boot Camp drivers and support software have been installed).

I didn't know that...I will check that out also. I'm just learning as I go...thanks again. ;D

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.