• The Mac-Forums Community Guidelines (linked at the top of every forum) are very clear, we respect US law and court precedence when it comes to legality of activity.

Therefore to clarify:
    • You may not discuss breaking DVD or BluRay encryption, copying, or "ripping" commercial, copy-protected DVDs.
    • This includes DVDs or BluRays you own. Even if you own the DVD or BluRay, it is still technically illegal under the DMCA to break the encryption. While some may argue otherwise, until the law is rewritten or the US Supreme Court strikes it down, we will adhere to the current intent of the law.
    • You may discuss ripping or copying unprotected movies or homemade DVDs.
    • You may discuss ripping or copying tools in the context that they are used for legal purposes as outlined in this post.

Final Cut Quits

Reaction score
I have found that final cut pro has started to quit unexpectedly whilst using Compressor 3. I'm able to get to about the 2000 frame mark and then FCP quits! p.s. I'm compressing for DVD. Please help!:*

Reaction score
Would need to know app versions, OS version, and your hardware, to even begin to figure this out.

In the mean time, run Disk Utility to repair all disks, and trash FCP pref files. But I doubt this is going to be the solution.

OP
L
Reaction score
Final Cut Pro quits

Firstly, thank you for your help. The message I get is "Final Cut Pro has quit unexpectedly. The problem may have been caused by the ProGraphics plug in." I am running Final Cut Pro 6.0.6, FXFactory 2.0.3, Coremelt Motion pack 1.1, O SX 10.5.07 Leopard on an iMac 24" processor:Intel Core 2 Duo, Speed: 3.06 GHz, Memory: 4 GB, Hard Drive: 1 TB

Reaction score
I've heard about this problem. Go to Apple's site. there should be an update or other information about this problem. I'm pretty sure there's an update.

OP
L
Reaction score
Thanks for the advice Shaunr. I have updated EVERYTHING including FXF actory, Coremelt, And FCP but still no success. FXfactory advises to re-install FCP and update so here goes!

OP
L
Reaction score
Final Cut Pro quits

Re-installed, Updated everything. Same problem, project always seems to quit around the 2190 frame mark. Has anyone encountered this before?

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.