• This forum is for posting news stories or links from rumor sites. When you start a thread, please include a link to the site you're referencing.

THIS IS NOT A FORUM TO ASK "WHAT IF?" TYPE QUESTIONS.

THIS IS NOT A FORUM FOR ASKING QUESTIONS ABOUT HOW TO USE YOUR MAC OR SOFTWARE.

This is a NEWS and RUMORS forum as the name implies. If your thread is neither of those things, then please find the appropriate forum to ask your question.

If you don't have a link to a news story, do not post the thread here.

If you don't follow these rules, then your post may be deleted.

next iphone july 17 oled display

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
next iphone launch on 17 july ar? can i get more information about this?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2.16GHz C2D MacBook w/ 2GB RAM & 120GB HD. HTC Droid Incredible.
next iphone launch on 17 july ar? can i get more information about this?

Sure. Look around the forums or read some news sites. :)

Hope this is true. The other specs that were released before were kind of boring and not much of a reason for me to upgrade.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macbook, 2GHz Core 2 Duo, 4 GB DDR3, OSX 10.5.6
It's really nice if the price remains....

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Black Macbook C2D 2GHz 3GB RAM 250GB HD iPhone 4 iPad 3G
This would be a good way to get a boost in battery life

Reaction score
I would sell my 3G for this if the camera really is better. I take a lot of photos for work and personal use with my phone, so something with better res., auto focus, and perhaps a good flash would send me running to the store...well craigslist anyway.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Black Macbook C2D 2GHz 3GB RAM 250GB HD iPhone 4 iPad 3G
Perhaps you should just be carrying a small camera with you if you need to take a lot of photos on a regular basis.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Too many...
i will sell mine if it comes with OLED and the sweet glowing apple logo! The glowing logo is one of my favorite features of my new mbp!!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macbook White 2.13Ghz 160GB 10.6.4 (Buggy Version :() Snow Leopard
Isn't OLED rather expensive currently?

And those symbols at the bottom aren't very neat. Those should be on the box and not the iphone itself.

I doubt they would ever be included.

Reaction score
Isn't OLED rather expensive currently?

And those symbols at the bottom aren't very neat. Those should be on the box and not the iphone itself.

I doubt they would ever be included.

OLED is expensive at larger screens. They are already starting to be used in smaller applications. Sony had a line of walkman MP3 players coming out with OLED screens.

This was rumored a while ago and I hope its true. Not only will it make the overall package slimmer, OLED is much easier on battery life since they do not need a back light.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" MBP 2.2ghz SR!
OLED is expensive at larger screens. They are already starting to be used in smaller applications. Sony had a line of walkman MP3 players coming out with OLED screens.

Large is a very relative term when it comes to OLED. Pretty sure the largest displays currently being mass produced (40" model by Samsung does not count, it's just a show-off piece) are no bigger than 12"... and cost a couple grand.

Be interesting to see if Apple can fit this into the budget.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
17 inch 2 GHz C2D imac (5,1) with 3GB DDR2 RAM, X1600 (128MB memory) GPU - OSX 10.6.3
Personally I think Apple have just made a few prototype OLED iphones. Just to see how the concept will work out. And will wait for the prices on these screens to fall before putting them in their products to sell. Because once the iphone has them, then the ipod will soon follow and then eventually one day down the track the rest of their line of computers.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2.16GHz C2D MacBook w/ 2GB RAM & 120GB HD. HTC Droid Incredible.
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2.4AlumBook, 4g iphone, 64wifi iPad, Atv2, Ipod classic
Personally I think Apple have just made a few prototype OLED iphones. Just to see how the concept will work out. And will wait for the prices on these screens to fall before putting them in their products to sell. Because once the iphone has them, then the ipod will soon follow and then eventually one day down the track the rest of their line of computers.

What makes you think the iphone would get the screen first? Why wouldn't the touch get it? It is Apples' media player, which should be getting an upgrade around september, giving prices some months to fall!

Reaction score
Just curious, any of you who bought the 3G on the lunch date for the old iPhone do you have upgrades? My account says I may be eligible for an upgrade even though I signed a two year contract, meaning it was really only a one year?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Powerbook G4 1.67ghz 2GB ram DL SuperDrive
my friend has one, he knows some top people in at&t and he got one early

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacPro 2.8GHz Dual Quad Core
When they launched the 3G didn't they give all 2G iPhone owners the option of purchasing the 3G at the new contract rate?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.