Transfer Emails from PC T-Bird to Mac T-Bird

Reaction score
Just bought the wife a new 24" iMac, and the switch has been going beautifully... however, even after searching this site I can't seem to transfer her emails from Thunderbird on the PC to Thunderbird on the Mac. I managed to get the address book transferred, but it won't let me transfer the emails themselves.

Can anybody help?

TIM

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
Perhaps the Thunderbird FAQ can help: Link

Regards.

OP
T
Reaction score
Tried both those links... no real help there. Anybody else have an idea, or know the trick?

TIM

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macbook Pro, 2.4GHz Core2 Duo 10.6.8, MacMini
Sorry I don't have my Mac right now, but I think the only thing I did was copy the Profiles folder on to my thumb drive and then copy it on to the mac. I don't think I had to convert anything at all, maybe just redownloaded some of the extensions... I'm not sure but you could see about Febe for thunderbird, I know they have it for firefox but I'm not sure if the one they have for tb is for the version of tb that is being used (which doesn't make sense to me). And if you just want either your firefox or tb to store to a diff place, just change the profiles.ini and you can find that info on how to change that on the net.

Thunderbird stores your user data in one of the following locations:
Windows 2000, XP Documents and Settings\<UserName>\Application Data\Thunderbird
Windows NT WINNT\Profiles\<UserName>\Application Data\Thunderbird
Windows 98, ME Windows\Application Data\Thunderbird
MacOS X ~/Library/Thunderbird
Linux and Unix systems ~/.thunderbird

Also check your firewall settings to make sure that it's not blocking the port that tb uses.

Hope that helps
Tried both those links... no real help there. Anybody else have an idea, or know the trick?

TIM

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.