Switching Windows while gaming question.

Reaction score
I'm having a problem trying to switch windows while playing games like warcraft 3 and diablo 2. I play itunes as my back round music and I can't figure out how to cycle through my windows and programs (via spaces) while playing a game so that I can check email or change the song that's playing. Anybody know how? Thanks.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Late 2013 rMBP, i7, 750m gpu, OSX versions 10.9.3, 10.10
If you're in windowed mode on the games, it shouldn't be a big deal (I usually play D2 and WC3 windowed), but if it's full screen - have you tried Command-Tab? (apple+tab)

It my not work for all games, but it couldn't hurt to try it if you haven't yet...

OP
soulfire363
Reaction score
I tried command tab, that didn't work. I can't figure out how to set it to open as a window though. Thanks for your help.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
20" iMac 2.66 GHz... Running 10.5.7
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook (Black) 2.4 GHz, 4GB Ram
I had the same problem playing WoW.. Had to put it on windowed mode and use exposé for easy windows switching.

Try looking on your games video menus for a windowed mode option.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Late 2013 rMBP, i7, 750m gpu, OSX versions 10.9.3, 10.10
When you are in Warcraft press Cmd+m and it will switch to windowed mode.

I run both WCIII and D2 in windowed mode on my mac pro, I don't remember if I had to set it up the same way as WCIII with the cmd m or another way off hand.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.