Where To Find / How To Create Logo's For My Website??

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac 27" 3.06Ghz 4G Ram| iPhone 3G 8Gb
Hey,

I want to create a Logo, almost like a business logo but for my personal site and my email signature.

I dont have Photoshop or anything like that..

Does anyone know anywhere I can creat one maybe a generator or something lol or at least get some ideas?

I have zero idea how or where to start in regards to creating one.

I have been working with Pages '09' doing a few things and I have just downloaded GIMP...

Any advice would be greatly appreciated!!

CrimsonRequiem

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MBP 2.3 Ghz 4GB RAM 860 GB SSD, iMac 3.4 GHz Intel Core i7 32GB RAM, Fusion Drive 1TB
It usually cost money if you don't do it yourself. You could always ask nicely and have some of the designers here do one for you for free.

OP
bennjiboi
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
I did just read a thread regarding that! I just wanted some ideas etc..

I found some sites that I can get fonts from, I think that I'll just have a play around and see what I can do!

Any suggestions? Can I use Pages / iWeb and maybe GIMP? Or will i need more then that?

CrimsonRequiem

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MBP 2.3 Ghz 4GB RAM 860 GB SSD, iMac 3.4 GHz Intel Core i7 32GB RAM, Fusion Drive 1TB
Well usually when you make a logo you should be doing it using a vector based program IE Adobe Illustrator/Inkscape. That way when you scale it up or scale it down it's sharp and clear.

You can check out dafonts.com for free fonts and play around with those.

Since the logo is for yourself you should do research.

I recommend taking one of those love matching websites that make you take those personality test, so you can learn things about yourself.

From there you can use the words that describe you and think of a concept and go from there.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
27" i7 iMac 2.8 Ghz, 1TB, 8GB RAM | 13" MBP 2.53Ghz 320GB HD, 4G RAM | iPad 2 64GB+3G *WHITE*
what he said...

i have like 2k fonts... and the ideas that you seek are what graphic designer get paid for.. they dont just hand out ideas, you pay for them.

CrimsonRequiem

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
what he said...

i have like 2k fonts... and the ideas that you seek are what graphic designer get paid for.. they dont just hand out ideas, you pay for them.

We are paid for problem solving. Not so much ideas. Anyone can come up with ideas. We just have to turn those ideas/concepts into a visual representation that communicates to the masses.

Having a large font library is nice and all but it doesn't make you a designer. It's knowing what type faces are appropriate for a job and how to set type.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2009 24" Imac 2.93ghz 4gb RAM 640gb HDD GT130 GPU
what he said...

Just remember though, it should always be about the art. The money should be a second thought. A little quote from my grandfather is something I try to live by and has done wonders for me personally and in business.

"Perceived greatest comes at the cost of arrogant greed"
- Larry Wood Sr.

No offense meant towards you in any way MWB, just in one of those moods tonight I guess.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
27" i7 iMac 2.8 Ghz, 1TB, 8GB RAM | 13" MBP 2.53Ghz 320GB HD, 4G RAM | iPad 2 64GB+3G *WHITE*
lol no offense.. i was just stating 99%of the time you dont get stuff for free.

OP
bennjiboi
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
I have ideas etc.. I was more asking along the lines of where to start in terms of programs etc.. I dont want to fork out heaps in programs just to design 1 logo and maybe a signature..

I was just hoping to get a little direction..

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
lol no offense.. i was just stating 99%of the time you dont get stuff for free.

I guess what I am getting at is make sure to leave room for that 1 time. You never know what it could mean to someone if you use your talent as a gift to someone else. While there is a lot of risk of being taken advantage of, there is also the reward of making someone happy.:D

OP
bennjiboi
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
And I wasn't asking for a handout..

Just a little direction. Noone would be anywhere without a good steer in the right direction..

I'd have no idea now to Mix if not for my mates showing me.

Just thought I'd ask the forum since there seems to be some educated people here..

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
i am sorry.. well crimson said it.. a program like Adobe Illustator... i know there are some free vector programs out there but i dont know any of the names..

OP
bennjiboi
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Photoini - you are so right.

Thanks for at lease being positive!

CrimsonRequiem

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Just remember though, it should always be about the art. The money should be a second thought. A little quote from my grandfather is something I try to live by and has done wonders for me personally and in business.

"Perceived greatest comes at the cost of arrogant greed"
- Larry Wood Sr.

No offense meant towards you in any way MWB, just in one of those moods tonight I guess.

Too bad people don't think that way anymore. Especially in this day and age where people are seriously materialistic.

Graphic Design is one of the more business oriented of the visual arts. More so than lets say fine art (paintings). I do illustration/Graphic design. My paintings can sell for crazy amounts and I also can sell reproductions for a pretty nice price as well. Design work I average about 100 dollars an hour. It's hard to find work as an Illustrator though. >_<"

OP
bennjiboi
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Adobe Illustator will set me back quiet a few dollars though?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
what do you need done (website logo and sig?)
what is your website do?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Photoini - you are so right.

Thanks for at lease being positive!

What can I say, I'm a pay it forward kind of guy. Good luck with finding what you are looking for.

CrimsonRequiem

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Adobe Illustator will set me back quiet a few dollars though?

You don't have to get Adobe Illustrator. That's why I also put Inkscape which is free. I've never used it myself, but it seems to be one of the more popular vector programs for Mac.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
both the guys i wanna nominate for member of next month are in this thread... to bad i cant vote both.

OP
bennjiboi
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
I'm a hairdresser and wanted to set up a site that I can upload some images to have my contact info etc..

I was planning on maintaining it using iWeb as I have used it before and its super easy.

I just wanted a simple site maybe with a Flash opening.. In my head its really simple. I can already see the design hence just looking for the direction with Logo/Flash info..

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.